I ended up piecing in two strips of some navy to make everything fit together correctly, which gives this quilt an asymmetrical design, and I like it!
I was actually really pleased with this picture because it shows off the different blues, greens, and turquoises that are in this quilt. Plus a teeny, tiny bit of purple!
In keeping with the "Use it Up" theme of this quilt, I decided to piece the backing out of all of the bigger chunks of blues that I could find, so I've been working on that this week.
It's not quite long enough or wide enough yet, so I'll be adding a bit more to it before I can get the layers basted. I will probably have to piece together some batting as well, but that's okay, too!
I'm thinking of donating this quilt to the nursing home where my MIL is currently spending some time, getting her strength back after multiple health concerns. It's the perfect size for covering up when someone spends a lot of time sitting in a wheelchair or recliner, about 45 x 55.
Sharing with Oh Scrap today at Quilting is More Fun than Housework!