Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I like Thursday #17 - the Sing Along Edition

Do you like Musical Theater?  I LOVE it!

Some friends and I have season tickets to our local dinner theater - a fun place called the Midtown Arts Center.  We've been members for years, and have attended so many wonderful performances there.  We've seen everything from "Cats" to "Aida" to "The Buddy Holly Story."  One of the things I enjoy about our dinner theater is that the actors are often also the wait staff, so you get to talk to them before the show and during the intermission.


Last week, we saw a show called "Million Dollar Quartet."


It's a show based on the true story of four famous musicians getting together in a recording studio for just one day back in 1956 and playing music together.  Even though quite a bit of the music was from "before my time" (lol!) it was still fabulous, especially because the four actors on stage played all of the music themselves and they were so good!!!

My husband doesn't go along for these shows, but I can talk him into getting tickets for other performances now and then.  Our favorite is Jersey Boys, which we've seen twice in Las Vegas, and also enjoyed the movie.

There is nothing like a show or movie that you can sing along with!  Here are a few of our favorites: 


Coming up this spring, Midtown Dinner Theater is performing the show, "Hair!"  This will be a first for me!  :)

As always, a big "Thank you!" to LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for inspiring me to think about the good things in life and post about them every Thursday.  Be sure to check out LeeAnna's Thursday post, too!


8 comments:

margaret said...

like you I love musical theatre though it is many years since I have beeen. I do have the DVD of Les Mis, Phantom and Jospeh and his technically colored coat though and also lots of musical CD`s. Sorry not aAbba fan though. Les Miss and Miss Saigon are my favourites.

Libby in TN said...

Haven't seen many contemporary musicals, other than Phantom of the Opera. My all-tome favorites are just about anything by Rodgers & Hammerstein. I love a good sing-along song!

Linda said...

How fun! You reminded me of the the musicals I've loved throughout the years. The Sound of Music and Oklahoma (of course!) are my very faves and I know the words to every song. We enjoyed the Jersey Boys movie too.

Shannon said...

I also love musicals and sing-alongs and have a partner who won't go along with me! So fun that you have a local place to get to see so many things. When I was in college I got to work at a theater that had touring productions of lots of musicals come through and it was such fun to get to see things.

I too love mamma mia- I play it frequently while quilting, it's just got such an upbeat set of songs to sing along with it's perfect for productive afternoons. Thanks for sharing!!

LA Paylor said...

ahhhh musical theater... now you're singing my tune! I've done my share of performing in them, and memorized many others. One can listen to them over and over. One of my faves is Into the Woods. I know every word to Wizard of Oz and just about all of singing in the rain, My Fair lady, so many.
LeeAnna

Unknown said...

I'm with Lee Anna! Musical theater is great! You know you've had a good time when you keep singing the songs for weeks after!

Kate said...

How fun! Drama Teen and I usually make to one musical a year. She adores them.

Michele McLaughlin said...

That sounds like so much fun! I haven't been to a musical in a long time, you have me wondering if I should find a local one now! Have a great day!