Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, February 12, 2017

I was in the mood for a mini...

So I made one!


It needed to be "sweet" for February, so I pulled out a mini charm pack of Vintage Picnic by Bonnie and Christine and a fat quarter of some Modern Background Paper.


The block is called "Circle of Squares," tutorial found here.  I got to it by way of Kathy who is making these blocks for her Rainbow Scrap Challenge project.  It's a block I've been wanting to try, and is super simple. I can definitely see making a whole quilt of these blocks, but I know I won't get to it anytime soon.

Another fat quarter from Bonnie and Christine worked for the backing and binding!


Happy Valentines Day!


Love to all of you, my quilty friends!  See you over at Oh Scrap! for some quilty inspiration today!




18 comments:

Chantal said...

Congrats on this cute mini. I find the colours very happy and it makes me smile. (I see Aqua in there.) Just a sweet little darling. Love it. ;^)

Libby in TN said...

Another great stashbuster block. I'm going to check out the tute. Have a great week!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cute mini!!!

gayle said...

I've been eyeing that block, too. I love your mini!

Linda said...

It's darling! I'm in the mood for a mini also, but I'm very lazy today. ;)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a great little finish for February. Looks like the Valentine mugs have come out :)

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a SWEET little finish!! Enjoy!

Vicki H said...

Cute mini, love it.

Ariane said...

Super cute mini quilt! Love it!

claudia said...

Cuteness! I should do more of the minis. Then I could send out little gifts to friends and family whenever I want!

Janice Holton said...

Love the Vintage Picnic line! You can't go wrong with that and your mini is adorable. If you're in the mood to make another mini, please check out my latest post! I would love to have you join us, Diann!

Vicki in MN said...

That's such a sweet little mini! Hmmm, I might have to start making some mini's!!

margaret said...

this block works so well as a mini seem to think I downloaded the instructions and it is no my to try list. Think it is about 15"

Kate said...

Very pretty! Love those pinks, perfect for Valentines Day.

LA Paylor said...

how adorable

Alice said...

Super cute! Thanks for telling it where you found it.

Cathy said...

I love your cute little mini!! Way to go! xo

Jasmine said...

This mini quilt is darling! I love how it looks with the cross hatch quilting.