Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Scrappy Christmas

A couple of Christmas Monkeys showed up at my house this week.  And they insisted on having their own Christmas tree.


The little Christmas tree block is from Kevin the Quilter, a blogger I just discovered this week, through The Joyful Quilter's blog post last Saturday.  When I saw the adorable Christmas trees that he shared a tutorial for, I knew I needed to make at least one!

Of course, when I finished it up, this little snowman decided it belonged to him.


Hopefully, the monkeys won't put up too much of a fuss!  

Sharing at ScrapHappy Saturday, and looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been doing this week!


11 comments:

Ariane said...

Super cute!

Libby in TN said...

Love your Kevin tree. Surprised you haven't found him before. Cute monkeys, too.

LA Paylor said...

waskilly monkeys! Pretty colors on the blocks! LeeAnna

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a cute tree... no wonder the monkeys were fighting with Santa to keep it!

Cathy said...

Well, those little monkeys are pretty insistent, aren’t they? But I’m so glad you gave them their tree; what a great pattern. Now I must subscribe to Kevin’s blog, too! Have a great week! xo

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the shout out and I will DEFINITELY have to use your quilting design on one of my last four trees!! I've been wondering how to quilt these stragglers.

gayle said...

Those monkeys might just stay busy admiring their cute little selves in a mirror, and not even notice the missing tree...

Vicki in MN said...

Nicely done Diane!

Linda said...

LOVE! Great post. :)

PaulaB quilts said...

You are safe as long as those monkeys don't decide to climb up in the tree and jump on the snowman. It's a tree worth fighting for.

Kate said...

Very fun little blocks. Kevin's trees are such fun, your's turned out very cute. Hope you have lots of time for stitching this next week.