Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas!

It will be a quiet Christmas Day at my house.  For a variety of reasons, we have celebrated Christmas early with some friends and family, and it will be a late Christmas with others.  So here at my house there will probably be some slow stitching and book reading and soup eating and football watching.  I'll be doing most all of that under my latest Christmas quilt - my Charming Plus Quilt that I finished earlier this week.


I quilted this in a very simple way - diagonal straight lines from edge to edge, so that every plus block has two lines of stitching going through it.


Binding is made from my leftover pieces of Kate Spain's Jingle.  I really love this text print and have used it a lot since I bought some yardage of it last year.


The boys are enjoying their Christmas quilts this year!


Wishing you a lovely Christmas Day filled with everyone and everything you love!









8 comments:

claudia said...

I'm hoping my Christmas will be quiet after a while. We are all getting together for breakfast, and gifts, then my daughters are going to their boyfriends' families places. I will get to play with fabric, which lately has made me very happy! Merry Christmas to you!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am looking forward to a quiet Christmas as well. Your quilt looks great!

margaret said...

enjoy your peace and quiet, here in my house we are having our meal today first time in 10 years as my daughter Helen who is a nurse has the day off today, time to think about putting the turkey crown in the oven prior to my girls coming

Vicki in MN said...

Enjoy your day, hope you sew up something fun! Love the little quilt for the boys, it made me chuckle:) Merry Christmas!

Libby in TN said...

Quiet here, too. Enjoy your day.

Kate said...

Enjoy your quiet Christmas day. Ours will be the same, very quiet with some reading and napping likely. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Linda said...

Love your quilt and the fabrics. Our Christmas was not quiet, but it was fun!

Cathy said...

I am glad you had a lovely, quiet Christmas (just like we did). And your quilt is simply delightful. So much so, in fact, that there is now a Plus quilt in my future. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! xo.