Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, December 4, 2016

On my design wall...

I've slowly been turning these groups of three


into nine patches - for the Charming Plus QAL.  There are 30 made so far of the 42 blocks I have planned.


These blocks have a low volume plus (made with all kinds of scraps) and corners made of North Woods by Kate Spain.  On the design wall, everything looks kind of muted, but it's fun to take a closer look - 


I love the mix of reds, dark greens, lime green, and even a little brown and light blue.   The 42 blocks will make a small quilt, set 6 x 7.  This one might need a border, but I haven't gotten that far yet!  

Sharing with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for some scrappy Sunday inspiration!





8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Very pretty. I have yet to understand modern quilter's infatuation with the plus sign, though. Do you know?

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You are making great progress! I hope to finish up the binding and share my quilt next week. Thanks for sharing yours with Oh Scrap!

Vicki in MN said...

That is coming along beautifully.

margaret said...

coming along well scraps can make wonderful quilts

Linda said...

Oooo I love the colors and layout!

Kate said...

It's going to be a fun scrappy quilt.

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely colours, Diann! Really seasonal too!
You are progressing very well!
Barbara x

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Very pretty, I love how some blocks look more like +blocks than others! And festive too!