Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, December 23, 2016

Star Light, Star Bright

I had some time this week to get back to my Scrap Jar Stars quilt blocks, made for the 2016 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and began adding the sashing strips and cornerstones.

Here they are, all laid out in the right order!  I will probably end up adding some sort of outer border, but haven't decided what it should look like yet.


I got everything set up to chain piece these together - 


And made some progress!


Since tomorrow is Christmas Eve, I don't know if the regular RSC link-up over at So Scrappy will happen, but if it does, I will plan to be there!

Wishing all of my scrap quilting friends a wonderful Christmas, spent the way you most love to spend it!



18 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Merry Christmas Eve! You know I have loved seeing the progress on this quilt-it's just so pretty. I do have one or two blocks started, hopefully over the winter I will continue.

Vicki said...

LOVE this!!! :)

Julie in GA said...

Loving those Scrap Jar Stars--so pretty!

Deb A said...

Beautiful Scrap Jars! Merry Christmas eve to you! Hope your weekend is wonderful.

Gretchen Weaver said...

These blocks are so pretty, I especially like the 9-patch block that is made in the corners!

Anne said...

It's been so much fun watching this quilt grow throughout the year! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season as well, and another quilty new year :)

Ariane said...

Your quilt top is looking great! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!!!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful! This is such a fun pattern, and such a great way to put so many scraps to great use.

Chantal said...

have a wonderful holiday, filled with loved ones, laughter, peaceful mind, pleasant surprises and health. ;^)

Angie said...

Your Scrap Jar Star is going to be great! Your use of color/dark&light really makes it sparkle. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

PaulaB quilts said...

The stars are really bright and shiny and the cornerstone just finishes it off. You must be feeling satisfied that you've done such a good job.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Merry Christmas Diann! This quilt is going to be amazing - I love it's scrappiness :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your scrappy stars are coming together nicely! Since we aren't traveling, I hope to be sewing tomorrow... after gifts and a good meal. Enjoy!!

Peggyinno said...

LOVE those stars! This is going to be a great quilt!
Merry Christmas!

Kathy S. said...

Love your scrap jar stars. Hope you have a prosperous 2017. Happy holidays.

Katie Z. said...

You're doing great!

Kate said...

Love those stars! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Sheila said...

I LOVE your scrap jar stars quilt in progress. I think I may have to make one during the RSC next year.