Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

I Like Thursday #373

Happy February!


It's still winter, but we played golf on Tuesday!   It was a beautiful day - 63 for the high - and a great way to spend the afternoon.  Golf is Mike's absolute favorite pastime, so I'm happy that we could get out and play - it helps him like winter better, lol!  

Have you ever bought a "take home and bake" pizza at Walmart?  They are surprisingly good, and such an easy meal.  We brought home a cheese pizza last Friday and added a bunch of our favorite toppings.


I finished the most interesting book this last week.  Goodnight, Irene is our Loveland Loves to Read book for 2024.  It's historical fiction, and based on the author's mother who worked for the American Red Cross Clubmobile service during WWII.  (Read more about it here.) This was something I had never heard of, so enjoyed learning more about it.


My book club group is getting tickets to the Author Talk that is put on by the Loveland Loves to Read sponsors.  I'm looking forward to this event because it's always interesting to hear a writer talk about their book!   Here we are having one of our get togethers, and we even were able to include one member who has moved to another state.


LeeAnna's question of the week was about friendships.  My book club is the group of friends I enjoy being with the most - we are all retired teachers who have a lot in common and enjoy each other's company.   We support each other in so many ways - in tough times and in fun ones.  I'm very blessed to have these women in my life!

Hope you're having a great week!  Thanks for visiting on I Like Thursday hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.










8 comments:

Kate said...

We've had similar weather here, though not quite as warm. Glad you got out with your guy and had some fun. A book club sounds like a lot of fun. It's nice that you have friends with similar interests.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I get those pizza's and add a lot of toppings to them also. I started to pick them up when the pandemic started and would keep several in the freezer when it was pick up only at the pizza place - by time I would get it home I would need to heat it back up so started to use these instead.
I have read several books about that subject you mention I find it interesting.

grammajudyb said...

It certainly has been unseasonably warm in our part of the US! I wonder what that means for Feb and March! Cold? Snow? Probably! That a great idea to add to the cheese pizza. DH and I like different toppings, so we could top our own half! Never tried artichokes. I’d probably like them, S not so much! 🙂
I may return to my book club this month. They are reading Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead.

Linda said...

Glad you and Mike enjoy golfing. It's surprising that he doesn't care for winter and lives in Colorado! While I was treadmilling, I watched a YouTube video of the Million Dollar Highway between Ouray and Durango. We had visited that area in the 1980s and I told Hubs it was so gorgeous. The first thing he said was "but not in the winter!" He hates winter and is praying I don't make him move to Colorado - lol! I'm happy for you with your group of friends, that is so heartwarming.

Angela said...

Wow, we would never be able to golf in Jan. or Feb. Even if it is mild winter there is still some snow.

PaintedThread said...

Wow - 63! But better yet - I see you have sunshine. I've almost forgotten what it looks like. The pizza looks good! How nice to have a book club like that!

Susie H said...

First cold and snow followed by warm temps & sunshine. Gracie & I enjoy all the weather and love getting out in it too. My friend is in a book club and really enjoys it. I don't know if I'd be a good member of one. I read so slowly. It would be too much pressure for me to be ready for discussion night! Hahaha! Have a good week!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I can't believe you are golfing in January! Lucky ducks! THough it is milder here, we know we are far from done with winter. How fabulous to have a book club and you are right, it is always interesting to hear an author speak. I've never looked to see if the local Walmart has these pizzas. I will definitely be checking that out! Thanks for mentioning.