Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Midweek Update

I decided this would be a good week to make some real progress on my bowtie quilt.  I hand-pieced 80 of these little blocks throughout 2024, and since November, I've been working on getting them sewn into larger and larger sections.  Now there's just one more long seam to sew!

Long, for this quilt, is 32 inches, lol! 
But it's hand-pieced, so it will take me a little longer to stitch
than if I were doing it on the sewing machine.

I decided to add a border to increase the finished size to about 40 x 48, and found this fun green at my LQS.


Here's a close-up of it, including the fun quote on the selvage!


My plan is to hand quilt this one, so it would be great to get the top finished up pretty soon, and the layers sandwiched together.   I'm ready to move this little quilt along!

Linking up with Midweek Makers at Quiltfabrication.






13 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

The green border will frame your colourful bow ties perfectly!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you sure have stuck with the hand piecing that is neat to see. So many just want it done fast.

Libby in TN said...

It's going to be lovely. The green border will be a great finish.

PaintedThread said...

I really like the green. Those selvedges are fun, too!

Kate said...

The green really works as a border and the quote is fun too. Happy stitching!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are cute bowties - but wow hand piecing them!! impressive!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The green border is the perfect compliment to the bow ties! I liked the quote!

Nann said...

Love both the bowties and the green border!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Diann, that quote on the selvage is awesome. The bowtie quilt will be great to hand stitch in the winter. Take care.

Laura said...

Great quote on the cute green print, Diann! The bowtie is such a sweet project! :)

Kathryn T said...

To have hand pieced all of this is amazing to me. The green sets it off and i love the quote on it. So true. Ah and hand quilting, I've thought about it but never tried.

Linda said...

Oh that is a fun green! Will you include the selvage?

Susie H said...

You found the perfect border fabric. Does it matter that I'm partial to green? Lol! Or that Angela chose dark/bright green for our RSC January color? Hahaha!