Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Slow stitching for a Sunday...

I've been stitching on a little bit of everything this week.  On January 1, I watched the Kathy Schmitz video for her 2024 SAL, and worked on the little January design.  It didn't take long to embroider this section.  

It's very tempting to go right on to the February design, except that sort of defeats the purpose of a monthly stitch-along!  The video had some helpful tips for some of the sections that I did use, too.

So, instead, I finished up "Home," into a little birdhouse wall-hanging!  This measures 11 x 14, and will probably hang on the side of my fridge sometime closer to Spring.  (Right now there is a snow family design hanging there!)


And now I've gone back to the Winter Tree Sampler that is close to being finished.  You can kind of see that there are snowflakes here and there - it's a light snow, lol!  Just a few more to stitch!

Today I'll finish those up and then start something new - but what will it be? 
I'm not sure yet, but I know it will be something fun!

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.








17 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a cute little bird nest wall hanging! Your little samplers stitch up quickly and make great bowl fillers. Hope you find a fun project to work on while you wait to do the February stitchery

Kate said...

You've got some fun projects in the works. Looking forward to seeing what new thing you start.

CathieJ said...

I adore how you finished Home. What a great idea! I love that stitch along, but I must refrain from buying anything new. I have no more space to put it. Enjoy your stitching!

Deb A said...

I love seeing how you finish off these cute stitcheries. Enjoy the new start today.

Angela said...

Oh my gosh! Such great projects!

Linda said...

What a pretty finish! The SAL embroidery is really cute. Is the sampler one of Melisa's patterns? Looks like Sunday Funday!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the skinny tree! it is cute

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like how you finished the home wall hanging, perfect for a little nest stitchery.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great finish to the HOME wall hanging. I am still waiting for my Woven Wreaths to arrive. Maybe this week. Happy stitching!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Nice work on some lovely projects--
I got my snowman stitched up too--now this morning I am thinking though--that I want to add more color to mine that just the blue--and have picked out about 6 colors to order---but am still thinking on it--I do love some color in my quilts--soooo?????
hugs, di

Deb said...

I love the Home wall hanging, I finished stitching my snowman and wanted to keep going too. Happy Stitching

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Love the snowman for the SAL. Will you cut them apart, or use the whole completed panel? It will be interesting to watch this project take shape. I like watching other peoples SALs. So many great ideas and pretty projects.

And your 'bird nest in a bird house' wallhanging is a perfect match of embroidery to setting!

Kim said...

It would be hard to wait until February to stitch the next pretty. The snowman is sweet. A year of sweet embroideries in that fabulous panel is going to look wonderful. Love that printed panel. The little bird nest looks terrific made up into a wall hanging. I suppose it won't be long until the winter stitchery is replaced with the sweet birdhouse.

Astrid said...

The 'Home' WH is so cute. Love your snowman stitchery and tree cross stitching too. Such fun projects.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That looks like a fun SAL with Kethy Schmitz! I can see why you wanted to keep going! Your Winter Tree sampler is close to being finished. You are moving along well with needle and thread in 2024 already!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! I'm happy to see you working on snowmen because you inspired me to make a snowman yard flag/wall hanging. I love doing that slow stitching in the evenings . . . so thank you for that! Sounds like a fun QAL. Enjoy. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Quilter Kathy said...

Me too! I am enjoying the project and incorporating Kathy's suggestions and tips!