Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, June 19, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #185

Good morning, friends!  It's Tuesday again, and I'm sharing my progress from last week, and my to-do list for the week to come.  Thanks so much to Carol at Quilt Schmilt for hosting the To-Do Tuesday link-up!

It's always a good feeling when you make progress on a quilt project that's important to you, and I have progress to share!  Two rows of the Rainbow Neighbourhood are sashed and ready to sew together.  It won't be much longer and I'll have a quilt top to share!


I also completed my June Table Scraps project which was also on the list for last week.

This was a happy little finish!

And, probably most important of all, my project and post for the Perfectly Pieced Quilt Backs book launch are ready to go!  It goes live at My Quilt Infatuation tomorrow morning, and I'll also have a list of the participating bloggers on my post.


For the coming week, my to-do list is going to be short and sweet - keep working on the Rainbow Neighbourhood quilt top.
  • Finish the borders.
  • Layer and baste.
  • Start quilting?  Maybe!
  • Wish me luck!🤞🤞🤞







13 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I think your dark blue sashing fabric is perfect as it sets off the houses nicely.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such great progress. Looking forward to seeing your project on Kelly's book launch.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice - looking forward to seeing your pieced quilt back

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is beautiful. I especially love how the lighter blue corner stones set off the darker sashings. And of course, I also love your embroidered piece...also lovely in blues.

chrisknits said...

Your houses are coming along nicely! And I adore your little stitchery finish, it's perfect!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it is so fun to watch your neighborhood grow!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I'm looking forward to your pieced back post . . .I rarely have only one fabric on the back of a project! At a show, I often look at the back to see if the quilter pieces their back and what it looks like. There are some creative backs out there!

piecefulwendy said...

Your house quilt is looking great! I love that little stitchery, too! Looking forward to your pieced back post!

Jeanna said...

Your houses look great together! Such a sweet embroidered piece as well. I have yet to do any real piecing for backings. I've sewn one seam but nothing like what quilters are doing these days. I look forward to your post.

dq said...

Is your Table scraps project done on the machine or by hand - love it!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The neighborhood is growing and it looks fantastic!!!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Love your choice for sashing on those houses! It's looking great! And your stitching is beautiful. I admire the patience [that I don't currently have] there! Must be so rewarding!

Karin said...

Love house quilts and yours is going to look fantastic!