Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Still slowly stitching...

 A few weeks ago, I shared that I had started this Kathy Schmitz design, Tweety Tea Birds, which I was stitching in a variegated red.  This is DMC 4210, Radiant Ruby.  And earlier this week I finished this little design up!

I love these little singing birds - our neighborhood is full of them!

Of course, I can't go a day without tracing another design to stitch, and for this week I chose a fun little doodle from Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting called "When Life Gives You Lemons."  The last few days, I've stitched the lemons and the glass of lemonade.  Today I'll be working on the lettering.  I added a little color with my colored pencils, too.  


In her post, Melisa shares how she makes homemade lemonade.  It sounds delicious!  Let me show you how I drink lemonade...

It's pretty tasty, too!

Enjoy your stitching today! 
 I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.






16 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Wonderful embroidery Diann! I love that teapot!

Vicki in MN said...

Somehow I missed seeing you were working on this cute little tea pot! I need to get back to some hand stitching but I just haven't been in the mood lately.

CathieJ said...

I love the teapot embroidery! I have a fondness for teapots. That lemonade embroidery looks nice and summery. Enjoy your stitching!

grammajudyb said...

The teapot is so unique! Very Kathy Schmitz! Lemonade just like you drink is my choice too! Sometimes I use it to make a Skinny Arnold Palmer!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great embroidery. I have not seen that lemon water - I don't look for it though for some reason if I drink too much with lemon in it I get a bad headache!

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful embroidery... makes me want to get mine out right this minute and put in a stitch or two!

PaintedThread said...

I love the bit of background color you add to these.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You always have the cutest hand stitching projects in progress.

Kate said...

The red teapot turned out so cute. Love the colors and theme of your new embroidery project. It's perfect for some summer stitching.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh your embroidery projects are so pretty Diann and I am so grateful you are stitching When Life Gives You Lemons. Thank you for the sweet shout out too. Radiant Ruby is such a gorgeous floss color and is perfect for the teapot. Happy Sunday.

AnnieO said...

Very cute birdies. Nice to have a seasonal theme to complete during the right season, I always seem to be working on Christmas pieces in the summer.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful finish!

Linda said...

I always look forward to your slow stitching! That variegated red is wonderful on that design. I like the soft colors on the lemons piece. I wish I liked zero sugar drinks. My husband glugs them down, and I think it tastes like poison - like I know what that tastes like - lol!

Susie H said...

Perfect timing for stitching the red teapot since Angela announced the color for July will be RED! Have a marvelous Monday!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Such a cute Kathy Schmitz design! I like the way you drink lemonade!

dq said...

That is such an adorable tea pot! The lemonade one is as well.
I do like that drink and have several on hand. I like to put them in my breakfast smoothies.