Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, June 12, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #184

Good morning, friends!  It's Tuesday again, and I'm sharing my progress from last week, and my to-do list for the week to come.  Big thanks to Carol at Quilt Schmilt for hosting the To-Do Tuesday link-up!

On my list last week was to find a good sashing fabric for the Rainbow Neighbourhood, and I did!  I've started cutting the strips and have sewn exactly two!

I need 24 sashing strips and 16 cornerstones.  A decision still to be made - will the cornerstones be a consistent color or a rainbow of color?

I also worked on some zipper blocks for a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project - they're fast and fun!


On this week's list: 
  • Stay focused on getting the sashing and cornerstones sewn on the house blocks.
  • Make some progress on my June Table Scraps project, which will be made out of these two orphan blocks.

  • I'm keeping it simple this week.  We have one of our sons here visiting for awhile, and I'm sharing my sewing studio with him.  There may not be a lot of time or space to sew!
Have a great week!





11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the blocks are all looking great - yes it moves slower when sharing a sewing room - will you be able to move your sewing machine to another room? I wasn't able to when I shared mine a couple weeks ago

grammajudyb said...

Oh your Table Scraps is going to be so pretty! It’s hard to sew when there are extra people in the house! At least that is my experience! And now there are outside chores and social times to be experienced!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

So much fun!!! both your sewing and visiting with your son!

piecefulwendy said...

Enjoy your time with your son - the quilting will still be there afterwards! Your blocks are all looking great!

Ivani said...

All your projects are looking great, Diann! Enjoy your son's visit. I am sure you will have precioys moments together.
Lovely embroidery and block for your table scrap challenge I will be looking forward to seeing your finished table topper . Have a nice week.

Kathryn T said...

Exciting getting to the sashing stage with the house blocks. Love the zipper blocks, think that's my first time seeing such blocks. Enjoy your son's visit.

Linda said...

How fun to have your son visit! I really love your zipper blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide on the houses!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Ooh you're working on the sashing already! Enjoy your son's visit!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your house blocks look amazing, Diann and I just love the zipper blocks. You are tempting me again into another project. Lol. Happy quilting.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I so love your blocks, Diann. I wish I had your accuracy for cutting. I' m quite anxious about these sashings. I also love your embroidered blocks. Always lovely to visit here.

dq said...

I really love your zipper blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge. I have not seen that pattern before.