Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, June 2, 2023

My sewing week...

has taken me all over the place!  I'm working on a finish for the Perfectly Pieced Quilt Backs blog hop coming up in a few weeks, so that was my No. 1 job of the week.   It's getting close!


House #8 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL is sewn up, too.  When I was looking at the colors of houses I've made already, I realized that I had already made a yellow house with a purple quilt block, so this time I made a purple house with a yellow quilt block!


Just waiting for house #9 now, which is under construction!


To get started on some more blue blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in June, I pulled out the hand-pieced bow ties.


I have already made eight bowties in various shades of blue - dark, bright, medium, light - so I decided to make a few more in whatever blues I found that I hadn't used yet.

These are often made with whatever scraps happen to be on my cutting table at the time - this week it was blue sky and clouds along with strawberries!

And this afternoon (Friday), I went up to a quilt show put on by the Ft. Collins Modern Quilt Guild.  All kinds of quilts were on display, and I took a few pictures of my favorites to share.  Today, for my fellow rainbow scrap quilters I'll share this one:


The tag attached to it made me laugh!


But, just like the rest of us - I bet she'll keep trying!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and at 
















13 comments:

Linda said...

Oh that label is hilarious! Your houses are so fun to see. I look forward to seeing more of those penguins in your blog hop post!

Sara said...

Your houses are so pretty together! And that label was hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Ivani said...

Your rainbow houses are so pretty, Diann. Can't wait to see the last one and which color it will be. Great scrap quilt, thanks for sharing.
The blue bow tie blocks are beautiful love the one with circular print, very cool. Have a nice weekend.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how neat to find a quilt by another RSC person!! And yes we never run out of scraps - I am finishing at least five that I started last year and 3 are queen and one is a little smaller than that, the last I have to get out of the box still and finish that one up and all of my bins are still full! what the heck it was supposed to use them up but they seem to have multiplied

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

We can all relate to that quilt comment!!! Can't wait to see your Perfectly Pieced Quilt Back!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Looking forward to seeing your quilt back. I laughed out loud about the comment that the quilt didn't make a dent in the scraps! How fun to see a RSC quilt in person!!!

Kate said...

Those house blocks are so cute! Congrats on all the scrappy stitching. I've heard of people using up all the scraps in their bucket, but I'm beginning to think it's a tall tale, mine never seem to go down!

Deb A said...

That label is oh so true! Very interesting block as well.
Love your houses and the additional blue bow ties are beautiful.

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a fruitful week you had! That label made me laugh out loud! Can't wait to see the last house! Your neighborhood looks great! Hugs!

Preeti said...

A remarkable combination of both eventful and productive. Usually, I can get only one of those two attributes per week :-) Productive times are unlikely to be eventful, nose to the sewing machine. And eventful times mean that there wasn't time to sit and sew. Thanks for the smiles :-) Now I get back to trying making a dent in my scraps.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Penguins on the back, hurray! Your houses are lovely, with great colors. Adorable blue bow ties, too. And thanks for the photo of the gorgeous quilt from the quilt show, and the hilarious label! I can relate to that!

PaintedThread said...

The house blocks all together are really cute.

Kim said...

Oh my, your neighbourhood of patchwork houses is gorgeous. My little eye espies the cutest penguins.