Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 10, 2021

To-Do Tuesday #88

Good morning!  I'm checking in with Chris and friends at Chrisknits to share my to-do list for the week.   

Keeping it simple last week, I had just two goals for the week: 

  • Make more arrows for the Follow Your Own Path QAL.  Slow progress here, but I'm up to 6 out of 16 arrows that are needed.  

  • And work on my May Table Scraps placemat.  Progress here as well.  I started with an orphan block, and it is now quilted and ready for binding.

I'm continuing on the same path this week.  Although the days are busy with responsibilities for helping my mom, I've been successful at sewing for at least 15 minutes most days, and that's helping me get a few things done.

  • I'll continue to work on the arrow blocks.  Every block counts, right?!
  • I'm planning to machine sew the binding on the placemat, finish up the hand stitching, and write up a post to share by Saturday.
  • One other thing I hope to get done is to piece the backing for my Harmony quilt top and get started quilting it.  I noticed today that in the QAL, we are just up to completing the top, but I've got that part done!








18 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have seen several doing the arrow quilt - I have the pattern downloaded but doubt I will get to it.

Ivani said...

Yes, every new stitch is a progress, and you made great progress on all your goals. Your harmony quilt is beautiful, Diann. Have a great week.

Michele McLaughlin said...

The arrow quilts are so much fun! Can't wait to see the harmony quilt and scraps placements finished! Have a safe and happy day!

Linda said...

You are doing well with your 15-minute commitment. Love the look of your reds. Have a great week Diann!

Vicki in MN said...

How nice to be ahead of the game with your Harmony quilt! I hope you have a great week of sewing:)

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The arrows are looking great! Progress is progress!

grammajudyb said...

I see great progress happening! Look at you already working on your Table Scraps challenge! I have an idea in my head! No sewing yet, though!

piecefulwendy said...

Given all that you've had going on, I'd say you've been doing pretty well. Those arrow blocks go together quickly, so you'll have them done soon. Glad you are ahead with the Harmony quilt, too! Hope your sewing week continues to go well!

Bonnie said...

I'm with GrammaJudy -- what you are almost done with May's table scraps item. Does it count that I "think" I have a pattern I want to make???? I really think I need a much simpler one. Time will tell. My mojo is a little on the weak side these days. Oh well. Your arrows look like a lot of fun.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Kudos for getting a jump on your May 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! I love your arrows, especially the fabrics you chose. The combination of prints with solids is very pleasing. I am certain things will calm down for your mom. It's nice that you are so close now, isn't it?! It sounds like you are ahead of the curve as far as the Harmony QAL goes. Woohoo! ~smile~ Roseanne

chrisknits said...

Lovely progress! Hope your Mom is having a great time getting used to her new location! Thanks for linking up with To-Do!

Susie H said...

Nice job on Harmony. When life gets busy, give yourself 15 minutes. I totally get it!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Preeti said...

Your flimsy is gorgeous, Diann. So neat and the sharp points are so impressive. Thinking of your mom and sending healing wishes.

Mary said...

Your arrow blocks are looking great and I love your Harmony quilt top!

PaintedThread said...

I like the arrows and the Harmony looks great!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Arrows and Harmony are wonderful! I love your color choices. Have fun with your week's goals ;)