Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

I Like Thursday #234

 It's been another busy week with my mom, and not a lot of photos to show for it.   She is starting to settle in and get the hang of the routine at her apartment complex and meeting some nice people, so we're headed in the right direction!

Meanwhile, the best thing to happen all week is this.  Mike had his last cancer treatment (a whole year's worth of them)!  He wanted a picture to send his friends, so I took this one.

There will, of course, be follow-up visits, and scans, and tests, but so far everything is looking good!

I'm enjoying this book this week!

When I read the author's dedication at the beginning of the book, 
I knew I would like this one!
"To all the authors of all the books I've ever read.
Thank you for the escape, for the knowledge, and for shaping me into who I am."

In my little bits of sewing time the last couple days, I've worked on a couple more arrow blocks.  I've been saving the bonus triangles from the flying geese, and using them as leaders and enders.  They'll finish at 1.25 inches.  Aren't they cute?



Bonnie Hunter's quote of the day on her Wednesday post resonated with me this week!  I definitely don't have it all together right now...


Have a happy Thursday!
Joining in with LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color for I like Thursday.
















21 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Congrats on Mike's successful treatment. That book sounds like one I would enjoy.

Vicki in MN said...

That is awesome news Diann!

Linda said...

Good news all around, with your Mom settling in and Mike not having to do any more treatments. That calls for celebration!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad the treatment is done - I don't know why but I didn't realize he was having treatment all year and thought it was done. Glad your mom is settling in

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great news for Mike and your mom. I hope you get a bit of sewing time soon.

Mari said...

Hurray for the end of cancer treatment! And hurray for your mom settling in, too. If I actually had it all together all at once, I don't know what I would do, because I don't think that's ever happened! Have a great day!

chrisknits said...

Wonderful news, both for Mike and your mom!!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh life seems to be falling into place. Yay for Mike's last cancer treatment, and that mom is settling in. I had to add the book to my wishlist. Love your blocks and your tiny HST.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Congrats on the last cancer treatment. Hopefully, that will be it. {{Hugs}} It's been a long year, hasn't it?! I'm glad to hear that your Mom is getting settled. It's a big change but it's so nice to be nearby you and your sister. I'll save my 1.25" HSTs for you - those are too small for me (but they are cute). HAHA! ~smile~ Roseanne

piecefulwendy said...

Congrats to Mike (and to you) for finishing well. I hope he continues to have good health from here on out. Glad your mom is getting settled in and meeting people in her new place. Will be fun to see what you do with those little HSTs!

MissPat said...

Congratulations to Mike. Cancer treatments are scary enough, but to go through during a pandemic is extra scary. And so good that your Mom is settling in. It's amazing how many times Bonnie's quotes are so apropos.
Pat

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh, I'm so glad for Mike! Very good news. Lovely arrows ;)

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Glad to hear all is good with Michael. I haven't read your book, but it really sounds interesting. I'll be sure to add it to my TBR books list. I really like your Arrows...so cute. Have a great day!

Laura said...

Great news for both your Mom and your Hubby! :)

Miaismine said...

Hallelujah! I'm so happy to hear that it was the last day of cancer treatment - after a whole year! "Celebrate! Dance to the music!" Hugs to the both of you!

Susie H said...

Congratulations to Mike! and to your mother for making new friends! and to you for your guidance and care of all! (Cute little blocks too!)

PaintedThread said...

Huzzah for the last treatment! Wonderful news.

Itty bitty square blocks! I like the colors.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news about the end to Mike’s cancer treatments! So glad your mom is settling in.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

grammajudyb said...

I missed commenting on I Like Thursday posts! Congratulations to Mike! You both must have breathed a huge sigh of relief! You’ve had a stressful, event filled year!
My Thursday sew day went well, though I didn’t get much sewing done, just lots of sharing and socializing! And I took no pictures! ☹️

LA Paylor said...

what a relief to finish this part of treatment!!! Congrats to you both for enduring. Good luck with relocating your mom, and those arrows! I love the author's statement, just how I feel too

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great news about your Mom and Mike, Diann!! I'm glad to see you taking the time to sew those Bonus HSTs. Have fun with them!