Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Hand quilting Harmony

 Each evening this past week, I've spent some really enjoyable time slowly quilting on my Harmony wall-hanging.  


For this project, I've been able to switch out threads based on what fabric I'm quilting over.  Red-orange in the red-orange center star, cream/off-white in the background, and now light aqua in the green sections.


And a peek at the back.


Just a little more quilting to go and this one will be ready for binding!  I'm excited to finish it up!

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.









20 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Such nice even little stitches!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So impressed with your hand quilting! Lovely work.

Michele McLaughlin said...

It's lovely! I like your choice of fabrics!!! I wish I could hand quilt as evenly and small stitched as you! Wow!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a very pretty quilt, happy stitching!

Vicki in MN said...

I love how you have it radiating out from the center!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice hand quilting - I like that quilt. Do you use a hoop or none?

Ivani said...

Your hand quilting is better and better. Looks fantastic for me.
Great work, Diann!

Birthe Marie said...

What a beautiful wallhanging! Beautiful colours and how nice it is to have color on the thread that matches the fabrics.

Deb A said...

Love how you are stitching this! I have stalled on mine....oh well. If I prep it will be a good travel project next month.

Astrid said...

The quilt is beautiful and so is your hand quilting!

Angela said...

Looks good! It is always exciting to be close to finished!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Diann!!

MissPat said...

You're making good progress on this one despite you're having less time for quilting.
Pat

CathieJ said...

Beautiful quilting.

sandi s said...

Very pretty quilt and nice quilting! Hugs,

Karrin Hurd said...


Great work, it is a lovely quilt!

piecefulwendy said...

Your design and your stitching look so nice!

Maggie said...

The hand quilting is so relaxing, just to sit and do.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Beautiful wall hanging. The colour changes are worth the extra effort.

Kim said...

Your quilting is so effective and looks fabulous. Such a pretty design.