Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, December 7, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #67

Good morning!   I'm checking in today with my weekly to-do list and linking up with Roseanne and friends for the To-Do Tuesday linky party at Home Sewn By Us

I managed to finish up some small things on my list this week, and finishes always feel good!

The snowman tablerunner is all done and ready to give to a friend.


My little improv tree runner (squirrel-chasing!) is finished, too!  Read more about it in my Saturday post here.


I completed two Covered in Love blocks and they are ready to go in the mail.

It may be hard to tell from the photo, but these aren't really my best effort.  I had a hard time getting all those 1.5 inch strips and squares to match up at the seam intersections.  Somehow, amazingly, the blocks measure correctly and are square, so I'm sending them along to Kat anyway.  Hopefully one of her wonderful quilters will make them look good when mixed in with other blocks and quilted!  😉

I have several other larger quilt projects to work on - blocks to sew together, borders to put on, but no progress on any of those this week. 

Here's my list of Works in Progress:
1.  Rainbow Zigzag:  backing fabric is supposed to be delivered today, and I have batting, so it's next in line to be basted and quilted.
2.  Rainbow Jungle: still needs borders
3.  Diamond Strings: sew blocks into quilt top



4.  Double 4 Patch: sew blocks into quilt top
5.  2020 Color Challenge:  make December block, and think about final setting

I know I'll work on at least one of these in the next week, and who knows what else I might come up with!  






11 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I love seeing all your little projects. I hope to get to a few of mine this week, too.

Linda said...

What nice finishes Diann. That improv tree!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

everything looks so great and love how the rainbow quilt is coming along - really neat and those snowmen and trees!

piecefulwendy said...

All the projects just make me smile, especially those trees, but then I'm partial. As for the CIL blocks, finished is better than perfect, and I'm sure those blocks in a quilt will make someone very happy. You have some good things lined up this week!

Vicki in MN said...

I already know your friend is going to love the snowman runner. Your tree runner came out so cute! I am contemplating a string quilt of some sort over the winter. I found some 8x10.5" paper for the blocks, it's from a Woodall's campgroud guide book. It's pretty old and DH says throw them out...oh no you don't, LOL

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Look at you go! Nice completions and I'm sure your friend is just gonna go crazy over the snowmen! Bet it's fun to watch the reveal!

PaintedThread said...

I can't wait until those strings become a quilt top!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Oooh, goodie - rainbow zig-zag is on the list for next week. Yippee! I think your CiL blocks are fabulous. It's such a unique block and the end result is beautiful. Your little squirrel project is a gem, too. I know your friend will love the snowman runner - I hope we get to see the gift giving. {{Hugs}} Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sharon - IN said...

Won't your friend enjoy that snowman table runner! So festive. And the improv trees are so bright and cheery! Well done!

chrisknits said...

What wonderful finishes and progress! Good luck with the next week's goals, I am sure you will crush them.

Kate said...

The covered in love blocks are really dramatic, that brown and yellow really glows. Congrats on all the progress last week. Good luck with your plans for this week.