Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, December 14, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #68

Happy Tuesday!  I'm checking in today with my weekly to-do list and linking up with Roseanne and friends for the To-Do Tuesday linky party at Home Sewn By Us

In last week's Tuesday post, I listed five Works in Progress that I was going to choose from to work on this week, and I got to two of them.

#3 was the Diamond String blocks, and they are now a quilt top!  Whoop whoop!

I finally got a picture of this one somewhere else 
besides on my sewing room floor!  I'm loving all those hidden diamonds (and some kite shapes) that have appeared now that all the blocks are all sewn together.

#5 was the December Color Challenge block.  Pieces and parts have been cut, sewn, and trimmed, with a little more to do.

Jen released her 2020 Color Challenge layout idea here, and, oh my, is it gorgeous!
I have to think about that one for awhile.  It would be a lot of work, but very worth it, I think.  That's why I'm thinking about it!  :)

I also worked on a little (or maybe it's another!) Christmas squirrel, which I'll just share a peek of!

My plan is to finish this up by the end of the week, and share more then!

So, on this week's list:
  • Finish the Color Challenge block.
  • Finish the Christmas project
  • Choose another WiP to work on - which one it will be is yet is to be determined!
Have a great week, everyone!









15 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love your diamond strings quilt!!! It's so pretty! You are really a worker bee Diann! Looking forward to your new projects! Have a great day and stay safe! So glad to hear your hubby's news! Wooo hooo!

Linda said...

What a pretty design on your strings quilt! Those little penguins look like fun. :)

Vicki in MN said...

I am so glad you were able to make your strings into the finished flimsy. Anxious to see what you are making with the penquin, tree and peppermint candy fabrics. Enjoy your week creating!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the strings look great! bet you are glad for the finish

PaintedThread said...

Yay for the string top! I like the penguin/peppermint combo. :-)

chrisknits said...

Wow, you have gotten a lot accomplished while I fell off the blog reading wagon! Love the doll quilt, and can't wait to see what the Squirrel is. Good luck with your list this week!

gayle said...

I love those string diamonds, and I'm looking forward to a bigger glimpse of the Christmas squirrel!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Ah, the Christmas squirrel--waiting to see the reveal! Getting lots of fun things done--you go girl! Tis the season!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A Christmas Squirrel? That should be an interesting visitor to your sewing space! I'll look forward to the proper introduction. :o))

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your quilt looks amazing! And I love the little penguin fabric.

piecefulwendy said...

You do so well each week! Always fun to see what you are up to. I'm pondering the challenge quilt layout too; while I like her design, I'm not sure I'd get it done. I might just go for the title of "how many challenge quilt UFOs can one person have" - haha! Love that penguin fabric - curious what you are up to!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! The Diamond Strings look so nice - I love the addition of the neutral strings along the border. That’s a great idea! Cute, cute, CUTE Christmas fabrics for a little squirrel project. I can’t wait to see where it leads. It’s already adorable. Thanks so much for linking up today! ~smile~ Roseanne

Libby in TN said...

Can't get enough of those Christmas penguins!

Susie H said...

Nice job on the strings. Love the neutrals on the edges. I don't know ... that finish on the color challenge definitely looks challenging. Who can resist Christmas trees peppermint candies, and PENGUINS!!!!??!!

Kate said...

The string quilt looks great! The setting for the color challenge blocks is pretty cool and definitely a great idea for a setting. Hope you've been able to make great progress with your stitching goals this week.