Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, December 23, 2019

To-Do (or Not!) Tuesday

 πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ "Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house..." 🎢🎡🎢🎡

Are you singing along yet?  My choir sang this poem, set to music, when I was in high school, and every year since then (many, many of them!) I still sing it.  I even remember all the words!

Happy Christmas Eve, friends!  Hope all is merry and bright at your house, or even quiet and peaceful, which is what I'm looking forward to.

On last week's To-Do list -

1.  Make some bowl cozies.  ✔  I got a couple of them finished, with plans for a few more!


2.  Finish my Tiny Tree.  ✔  Yes!  Read more about it here.


3.  Covered in Love blocks.  ✔  Yes!  I forgot to get a picture of them, but I will do that this week.

4.  Bake some cookies.  ✔  Yummy!  I took them along on our visit to our son and we enjoyed them.

After spending the last two weekends with our boys and a Christmas Eve dinner with more family planned for tonight, we will be by ourselves for Christmas Day.  So for this week's To-Do list - just a few things...

1.  Sit by the Christmas tree with a warm beverage and a good book!


2.  Do a little slow stitching each day!  

I prepped this little piece yesterday with spray basting and stitching in the ditch to keep all the layers together.  Now I am hand-quilting it with white perle cotton floss.

3.  Watch a movie like "A Christmas Story."  It's playing all day on Christmas Day and it's one of our favorites!

4.  Make a tasty Christmas dinner.  Groceries are bought and I'm all set for that!

That's as much planning ahead as I'm going to do!   Hope your To-Do list this week includes your favorite things!

I'm joining in with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday.








13 comments:

Deb A said...

Sounds wonderful! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy the slow stitching, the book and the movie. Sounds like a perfect day.

Linda said...

Your day sounds so happy! I like the looks of that "little piece". I need to try some perle cotton. I have a project on my design board that will not get finished before Christmas, but I figure it will be a good "winter" project anyway! Merry Christmas Diann!

Susie H said...

Your Tiny Tree is adorable and I love your slow stitching project. Thanks for the tip on a good book to read. I see it's a series. Think I'll start with the first one although the 19th is a bit more timely! Merry Christmas Eve!

Libby in TN said...

Merry Christmas my Virtual Friend! Your bowl cozies look nice. I could find time to even cut mine out.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

tomorrow is a quite day for us as well - a Christmas movie maybe, reading, just enjoying the day - I have not read that book - is that one of the books with the 4 women - I just started to read those recently and listen to some with the audio books so I can sew or something at the same time
Merry Christmas to you and your Mike!

piecefulwendy said...

After baking Christmas cookies yesterday, I curled up and finished "Where the Crawdads Sing" - oh my. What a good book. A Christmas Movie is one of our standard movies for Christmas; it brings back many memories of growing up for me. My dad often played Prizeword Pete, so that scene always makes me smile. Today I am having a go at baking an Almond Amaretto Cake, a late birthday gift to myself. You have a lovely day planned, Diann! Enjoy every minute! Merry Christmas, my friend!

chrisknits said...

Sounds like a great plan! May you find peace and light this season of joy!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi DIann! Thanks for linking up. Merry Christmas Eve to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Farm Quilter said...

Enjoy your extended Christmas with your family! Christmas day sounds like a perfect quiet day...and your book looks like the perfect way to spend it!!

Sharon - IN said...

Merry Christmas! Your Christmas plans sound spot on!
My daughter came home from work with a bowl cozy today. She was so excited that a crafty fellow employee made such a useful gift for her!
Happy stitching!

MissPat said...

I somehow missed that Christmas Women's Murder Club. It will have to wait until we get home in late March. Maybe the library holds list will be done by then. WE leave for FL in 2 weeks. I'll be finishing clue 4 for Bonnie Hunter's Frolic mystery tomorrow.
Pat

Mary said...

I love the little Christmas piece that you are going to hand quilt. Merry Christmas!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Diann. I wish you and your family the very best in 2020!