Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, December 9, 2019

To-Do Tuesday #15

I didn't post a To-Do list last Tuesday because my Virtual Cookie Exchange post was scheduled for that day, and that seemed like enough for one day!  But there was still a mental to-do list going on here, and things were accomplished!

1.  Make more progress on my Scrappy Sprouts quilt.  ✔  Yes, I did and it's moving along!

2.  Finish up the gift I'm taking to my quilt group's Christmas party.  ✔  More about that later this week.

3.  Decorate the house for Christmas.  ✔

I have to admit I don't  *love* putting up the tree, but I do love 
having it up, if you know what I mean!

So, this week, what's on the list?  It's a pretty full week, with two holiday events to go to, and my oldest son coming in on Thursday for the weekend.  But there are a few things I'd like to keep in mind.

1.  I'm joining in with Temecula Quilt Company's Tiny Tree sew along, and I hope to keep up with those blocks.  Here are the 6 blocks made so far, as of Monday afternoon.

These are pretty quick to make, so not too hard to keep up with. 
I actually made the log cabin block twice - those 1.25 inch strips got 
kind of wonky on me the first time around!     

2.  Make sure groceries are bought and the house is ready for company.  Even though your kids aren't really company, there are things you do for them when they're visiting, right?!  :)

3.  Work on Christmas cards!  Hoping to make that happen some evening when we're watching TV.

Have a great week, friends!  Joining in with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday!






5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

there is always so much to do when your "company" are your children! I know exactly what you mean. I love your tree - it makes me feel that I don't have enough lights on mine :) Mike is still decorating the porch he is so slow at it that I feel like taking over lol, by time he gets done it will be time to take it down. I love your green blocks

Linda said...

I'll be interested to see how those pretty Tiny Tree blocks progress.
Your tree looks beautiful! I put up a few things around the house yesterday. It's hard to get in that mood when it's 79 outside, but today will be in the 40s!
I understand on having certain food supplies when the grown kids come. Does your son like to visit places while he's there or just hang with Mom and Dad?

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Oh, your tree looks so pretty. I don't mind putting up the tree. I kind of like fussing with the lights and garland - Sue does the ornaments. Oh yes, you probably do more for your non-guest kids coming home. Special things that they like and don't get to have or make themselves. Christmas cards!! Oh holy moly - with only two weeks to go until Christmas Eve I don't think they are happening this year. Enjoy the parties and visit this week! Thank you for linking up. ~smile~ Roseanne

piecefulwendy said...

Your tree looks lovely, and you just reminded me I need to get the guest bedroom ready. Your little tiny tree blocks are so bright and cheerful. You have good things going on!

chrisknits said...

Loving the Tiny Tree! I am avoiding cleaning and prepping for Christmas, but since we don't have anyone coming until Dec 20th, I have a little bit of time to waste? LOL