I started this quilt in May of last year because the blocks were easy to make and my method of making them didn't require a lot of measuring or cutting with my rotary cutter, which was difficult with my broken wrist. After getting the top put together, I decided to experiment with hand quilting it, which I've never done much of.
It turned out to be a very enjoyable experiment! (It was a good project for football season!) I did straight stitching through all of the logs, which resulted in a square spiral in each block, and then used a template to mark leaf or orange peel shapes to quilt in the borders. As I am such an untrained hand quilter, I knew this would be a learning experience, and it definitely was, but I'm very happy with the results.
I raided my leftover binding basket to make the binding, and it makes a fun scrappy addition to the quilt.
While hand stitching down the binding, I'm having fun visiting with these little guys. There's more binding to be stitched and I'll work on that tonight along with a Longmire episode (or two!) on Netflix.
February's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is turquoise, and that happens to be one of my favorite blocks of this quilt. I also love the low volume scraps that I used in each block!
Sharing at the RSC linky tomorrow over at SoScrappy, and looking forward to seeing what other kinds of scrappy sewing have been going on this week!