Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Some slow stitching for a Sunday

During my evening hand stitching time this week, I finished up the April heart for "A Year of Hearts," designed by Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting.  Those little baby birds in their nest just stole my heart!  I'm glad Mama brought them some food.


Here are the four completed blocks for the year.  I'm looking forward to the May block!


Today's slow stitching "job" is to watch Kathy's Schmitz's video for the May Woven Wreath design, and then get started stitching it.

Those flowers in the teapot remind me of some pots I have in my front garden area.
Something came back from last year - unexpectedly - and it's getting ready to bloom!

I think it's Dianthus - with red flowers.  
I'll let you know!

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching!









16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a talent for embroidery, Diann! I look forward to seeing your projects week by week. Gail at the cozy quilter

Kate said...

Both embroidery projects are looking beautiful. Enjoy your slow stitching this week.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love your embroidery projects! Those hearts are adorable!

Linda said...

Your embroidery is so pretty Diann, love those little birdies. You have a really nice seasonal collection. Yay on the return of flowers!

Vicki in MN said...

From what I can see I'd say Dianthus also. I hope to work a little in a flower bed this aft. We had over 3" rain this week so it might be to wet in a few of the beds yet.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always a nice surprise to have plants come back the following year - they kind of look like Dianthus to me too

Sarah said...

Such lovely little embroidery. I do like the way you tint them with colour!

grammajudyb said...

What a lovely quilt those embroidered hearts will make. I like that you are adding color to the design. Great job!

CathieJ said...

All of those heart blocks are so pretty. Enjoy watching your embroidery video. I like dianthus. I hope they bloom.

Angela said...

Oh! Your hearts are so pretty!

Deb A said...

Your hearts are beautiful.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those hearts look terrific together and the progress on your Kathy Schmitz piece. . .WOW! I love it when plants come back!

Kim said...

Those little birds in the nest have stolen my heart, too. They're adorable! All those hearts are so pretty gathered together. Your Woven Hearts is progressing beautifully, too. I love it when there are unexpected plants popping up in pot plants. 'Tis always a nice surprise.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Early Birds is adorable, Diann. It is such a treat to see all of your blocks. I can not thank you enough for stitching along with me. Your Kathy Schmitz embroidery is gorgeous. I am quite smitten with the tea cup of flowers as well. I hope your dianthus puts on a show of flowers this season. Hugs.

Laura said...

Your Melisa blocks are so sweet, Diann! I can't wait to see the year come together in a project! :)

Jeanna said...

Your little stitcheries are super sweet, Diann. I keep saying this but it's true, Melisa has the most darling designs.