Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, May 3, 2024

Peachy Pink

I dug out all the pinks I could find this week, and they seem to tend toward the peach shade.  Or maybe it's the lighting in my sewing room combined with the cloudy days we've been having.  I guess it doesn't really matter because I sewed with what I have and came up with a pink patchwork heart and a 4 patch alternate block!

Here's an indoor photo taken by the living room window.

And an outdoor photo in the grass just to see if I could get a better result!

Those cream background fabrics are really standing out - 
I might have to change that!

I'm up to twelve of these blocks now, and enjoyed laying them out together.


I also cut pieces for two hollow 9 patch blocks, and stitched one together.  The other one will be my slow stitching for tonight.


Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.








18 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

So fun to see other people’s scraps…interesting how your pinks verse towards peachy coloured!

Linda said...

I like peachy pinks the best! You've got a really nice start on that heart quilt, those blocks all look so pretty together.

Deb A said...

Pretty pinks! Those hearts are going to make a wonderful quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

I think your pinks are perfect for your heart quilt.

Sara said...

The peachy shades of pink are just lovely. I've tried to sort my pinks, and separate those peach/coral ones into a different drawer. But some are just difficult to categorize. And they're all pretty.

Sue said...

The chains between the patchwork hearts look really great. I love seeing it laid out.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Nice work! Your chained hearts is growing and I'm looking forward to all your Hollow Nines sewn into a top...

Nann said...

I think the creams will blend in once you get all the blocks pieced. Fun to see the array of scraps.

Kate said...

I agree with Nann, you've got some other cream in the other blocks, those fabrics won't look so out of place in the larger quilt. Enjoy playing with your pink scraps this month.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

they read pink on my screen - pink comes in all different shades doesn't it I think they will mix in just fine

grammajudyb said...

Pretty in Pink heart and chain block. I have lots of peachy pinks too. And even some I had to cull out cause they looked more brownish! I’m constantly stirring my stash! LOL!

LA Paylor said...

love all shades of pink, and your hearts are so nice nestled in the diagonal lines
LeeAnna

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your two blocks look great together in that rainbow of colors.

Jenny said...

Looking good!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Looks like pink to me!!! Your blocks look terrific!

Astrid said...

Love your heart blocks! It's going to be a beautiful quilt. So many shades of pink too, looks good. For my pink blocks, I used some pink squares that were more brownish, but was thinking; oh well, it's scrappy! lol

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Now those are some gorgeous fabrics! Love the peachy pinks . Your heart blocks look fabulous. You have been a busy bee this week. Hugs.

Jeanna said...

Those peachy pink fabrics are so pretty and make some lovely blocks.