Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Midweek Update

on Paducah Stars (which is my name for my version of Luminous Layers, the design by Sandra at mmmquilts that is the Spring QAL).

Monday afternoon... halfway there!


Tuesday afternoon... sewing, sewing, sewing.


And not too long after that photo was taken, I had a finished quilt top!

I've got backing fabric ordered, and 
hopefully it's coming soon, so I can finish this up.
But I'm happy for now just to have the piecing finished!

Linking up with Quiltfabrication for Midweek Makers.
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts.














11 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Beautiful quilt , Diann and congratulations on your finish! The stars really pop. You did an amazing job on fabric and color choices. I look forward to seeing how you quilt this beauty. Hugs.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a fun finished top, Diann! Those stars sparkle!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful colour choices in this fun quilt top! How big is it? How are you going to quilt it? I will be following along …. Gail at the cozy quilter

Vicki in MN said...

You will have a winner with all the stars shining brightly!

Kate said...

Very fun finish!

Linda said...

That photo on the fence looks great! Nice, pretty finish. Looking forward to seeing your backing fabric.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Looks nice - I have backing fabric ordered to and it is slow to arrive but I'm no where near ready for it so I guess that is ok.

Nann said...

Wow! That is just *stellar*, Diann!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Paducha Stars is really nice. Love your colors. So nice to see your top.

PaintedThread said...

That flimsy is so cool! It's a fun looking quilt.

Bonnie said...

I was trying to figure out how you made the two biggest flying geese. Ohhh. I enlarged it and realized the flying geese is made with smaller HST. I really love your bright colors. I'm curious about mail ordering backing fabric. I've done it in the past but I'm hesitant now because I really want a backing that has one of the colors in my Ombre top. I need a wide back and a bit more than 3 yards.... I'll keep looking but one of these days I need to commit.