Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Pumpkins and squirrels

This week I finished up the stitching on the Mini Pumpkin Sampler, and fully finished both it and the Mini Squirrel Sampler into little pillows for the fall display on the small chest of drawers in my living room.  These are both designed by Melisa of PinkernPunkin Quilting who so generously shares her fun projects for anyone to stitch!  

These are squirrel-in-a-squirrel projects (if you know what I mean!), as I didn't really plan on getting so into cross-stitch this year, but I found that once I got started I just couldn't stop!
Linking up with Sandra at mmmquilts for the October DrEAMi.

Here is how the whole display is looking these days.   It doesn't show very well, but I got out a glass pumpkin jar (behind the sunflower sampler), and threw all the little cross-stitched pillows I've made for other seasons into it.


I'm all out of Aida cloth for stitching any more of these, so will need to stock up.  Meanwhile, I'll be working on my hand-pieced bowties for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  October's color is light neutrals.


Linking up with the Sunday Slow Stitchers at Kathy's Quilts!






19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great fall display of your cross stitch pieces. I live the pumpkin jar too. Pumpkins are out on display here too. Enjoy stitching your bow ties today. I need to get cracking on my RSC blocks for this month. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a cute display! Perfect for the season! Have a great day!

Libby in TN said...

Those little pieces whip up quickly!

Vicki in MN said...

Love your new cross stitch additions. I am tempted to do the pumpkin one. However I should just work on stuff I started:0

Sarah said...

I love your autumn display!

CathieJ said...

I like your little autumn pillows and your display. I have bookmarked that squirrel pattern. Your bow tie blocks are pretty. Enjoy your stitching!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fun grouping! You could put a ribbon hanger on one or two and hang on the wall behind your table too. I like that glass pumpkin.

Angela said...

Your autumn display is lovely. I have gotten out of the habit of doing seasonal displays. I bet my grandchildren would enjoy them and should start doing them again.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that looks good for fall - nice display!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your Autumn display is lovely! The stitchery projects are beautiful! Great fabric choices for neutral too!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your Autumn display, beautiful finishes!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Sweet little mini pillows!!! I can tell they're designed by Melisa--she has a style! And squirrels are one of her motifs! Love them!!!

Jenny said...

Such a sweet Autumn display.

Linda said...

Love the glass pumpkin with your little minis, and your cross stitching makes such a rich fall display!

Jeanna said...

All of your little cross stitch projects look great! I love that you used the glass pumpkin cookie jar for the smalls. The bowtie blocks will certainly keep you busy while waiting for the Aida to arrive. Nice to optiions, huh?

chrisknits said...

Wonderful projects all! Now I'm wondering if I should raid my cross-stitch stash and put together some kits to work on while camping? I was going to take knitting, but those pillows are adorable!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your stitching is so cute!! and perfect for the season!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your mini samplers are adorable, Diann. I chose such happy colors; I love them! Fabulous idea on putting the other samplers in the glass pumpkin. I have one of those; I hope you do not mind if I copycat you. Hee! Hee! You made my day, Diann. Thank you so much for stitching the little samplers. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

Kate said...

It is always fun when some little project just asks to be made in many different designs. AA quick finish and something a bit new every time.