Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, October 6, 2023

Getting started with the neutrals...

Playing with this landscape project earlier in the week put me in the mood for sandy neutrals.  I shared this one in my Tuesday post, but have added a couple of borders since I last showed it.


A couple of other sandy neutrals made some zipper blocks - shells and starfish and footprints in the sand - my favorite things!

And a little village with elephants in it - totally off the sandy theme, but cute anyway!

Here are the zipper blocks I've made this year - 30 of them.  I'm planning to continue these into 2024.


What have you been up to this week?
Checking in at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.
And at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!








15 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Gorgeous fabrics that you have chosen for the landscape quilt and the little sandy zipper blocks are as cute as a button. Your quilt is growing. Not a lot of quilting has gone here. I do need to get busy this weekend. Enjoy your day, Diann. Hugs.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Love that landscape and the neutrals

Linda said...

Your landscape quilt looks like a painting! Love those zipper blocks - the neutrals really round it out.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those borders are perfect frames for your quilt, great choice of colors.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice Zipper blocks in Light NEUTRALS, Diann, and you are doing a beautiful job on that beach quilt!

Jenny said...

I havent made any landscape quilts, and yours is coming along beautifully. The zipper blocks look nice and colourful.

Deb A said...

That landscape is amazing!

Mari said...

I love your beach scene! And the zipper blocks, too, of course!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your beach scene is wonderful! I also like the sparkle the neutral zippers added to your already made blocks!

Vicki in MN said...

Addin the neutral blocks seemed to calm the others down just a bit and at the same time adding it's own sparkle.

maggie fellow said...

wonderful projects

Laura said...

The more zipper blocks that you make, the more you inspire me to try this block! I am lovin' them! :)

Kat Scribner said...

totally great zipper quilt, Diann.

Sara said...

That little landscape quilt has such lovely colors! And seeing your zipper blocks really makes me want to hobble down those stairs and make some more myself.

Nann said...

The rainbow zippers are so colorful! I admire landscape quilts and look forward to seeing how you'll embellish yours.