Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

I Like Thursday #357

Good morning, and happy Thursday, friends!  Hope your week is going well.  Things have been quiet here, which is good - just enjoying daily life without too much extra to deal with.  I like those kinds of weeks!

Last week, after I shared that I wanted to try the Garam Masala spice, Wendy shared this recipe link with me, so we made it for dinner over the weekend, and it was yummy!  It's always good when your husband says you should make that one again!  Thanks, Wendy!

Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken 

The recipe said it should be served with Naan bread, and our son had told me wanted to try making Naan, so that was the perfect opportunity!  He used his Ninja, of course  - and it turned out perfectly.  

Yum!

This week I've been working on my beach landscape project - see yesterday's post about that.  I also got started on some Autumn Jubilee projects.  This is Carole's special blog event over at From My Carolina Home for the month of October.  I always enjoy participating in this!

Maple leaf and flying geese for the quilt project:

The prints are scraps leftover from a fall table topper I finished at the end of September, so I think I will combine this project with my Table Scraps project for October.

And some wool stitching for a penny rug - little apples and leaves.

I was all fumble fingers at first with those little apples - and the leaves especially! - 
but I got the hang of it!  🍎🍎🍎

Yesterday I went over to visit my mom, and discovered this gal outside of her building.  She made me smile!


And one more thing making me smile this week - these pretty red dianthus are still blooming in my pots!


What's been making you smile this week?

I'm joining in with LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color 
for I Like Thursday.










  

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute Halloween decoration! Nice you still have flowers also.I like you fall leaf block I don't think I have ever tried Naan Bread and will need to look it up

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great progress on your Autumn Jubilee projects! Thanks for the mention.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your things to smile about are so cute!!
and the bread looks amazing

Deb A said...

That would be a fun one to see going to visit Mom! I might have taken a scenic tour to check out that sew along. There goes the plans for the day - now I'm sewing leaves, geese and mason jars! Thanks =) (anything to get out of vacuuming!)

Angela said...

Isn't she fun! Someone has a good sense of humour!

Bonnie said...

You have lots going on. Thanks for sharing the info about Butter Chicken. I'd read a book that it was ordered a lot but had no idea what it really was. I'm going to take a look. I like the projects you shared. I've been making wool Christmas tree ornaments and enjoy that a lot. And, yep those itty bitty pieces are hard to deal with. We are finally getting cool weather after a hot Sept. Cool for us is 40s at night high 60s to low 70s during the day. Perfect weather if you ask me.

Jeanna said...

A great post full of likes! The food sounds delish. Your Autumn Jubilee projects look great. I've got to post pics of my penny rug on Friday.

PaintedThread said...

Ooh - lots of good things! I love those little apples.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your fall leaf block is fun! I like your fabric choice! Sunshine is making me smile at the moment. We've had rain and now a dry day with sunshine. . .ahhh heaven!

Linda said...

Looks like fun thing happening in your sewing room, such sweet fall projects. Those dianthus are so pretty! Hope your Mom is doing well.

Linda said...

I forgot to comment on how delicious your naan looks. I had a friend on a cooking forum once who grilled her naan. She made hers with yogurt and it looked really good. How does butter chicken taste? Thanks for the link!

piecefulwendy said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe, and the homemade naan looks so good! Those quiet weeks are the best, and I can see you've been enjoying your sewing time. Most of our flowers are done now, with the cold weather. That little burst of color would make me smile, too!