Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Midweek Update

I never got a To-Do Tuesday post written for yesterday, so thought I would just drop one in here on Wednesday!  I've been slowly working along on my landscape project - adding the final dark blue border since I last shared a photo.

I also pieced a backing and got everything spray basted together 
and ready for quilting.

The pattern designer recommends simple quilting that follows the lines of the sand dunes and water, so that's what I started on first.  Maybe you can see it in this photo!


The backing is pieced from the two sandy prints I had that I was making some Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks out of last week.  

Footprints in the sand, searching for shells!

Today, I'll quilt the sea and sky and then figure out what to do on the borders.  There are meant to be embellishments on the landscape to add some details, but I haven't figured out anything I'm happy with yet, so those are still to-be-determined!







9 comments:

Deb A said...

So fun! I could see little bird prints in the small blue and then shells and sand dollars in the larger blue? Have fun!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great beach fabrics in this landscape quilt. Your quilting complements the scene perfectly.

Linda said...

It looks like a photograph! The borders make such a nice frame, and your quilting looks perfect. Glad you are having fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't tried to do a landscape in a long time - they can be fun to do especially if you find the right fabric

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

This quilt is really looking nice, great job on the piecing and quilting!

Marsha Cooper said...

Cute with the footprints searching for shells.

Jeanna said...

The quilt top looks great! Love the pieced backing, too.

Julierose said...

Wow!! This is really looking lovely--nice work...hugs, Julierose

piecefulwendy said...

This is looking so good, Diann! I'm sure it makes you smile each time you work on it.