Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, June 21, 2021

To-Do Tuesday #94

Good morning!  I'm checking in with Chris and friends at Chrisknits to share my to-do list for the week. 

I had good success with focusing on one project last week, and did end up finishing Follow the Garden Path, my version of Sandra's Follow Your Own Path quilt along.  


I did manage to get a few other things done, too...
  • Some purple scraps were sewn into crumb hearts -

  • And I got started on some Positivity blocks.  My plan is to make them all from scraps, with red pluses and low volume backgrounds.
Lots more to make!

So, what's on this week's list?  
  • It's time to get back to quilting the Rainbow Strings quilt.  I'd still like to finish it by the end of the month!  Can it be done?  
Getting closer!

  • It would also be great to get more Positivity blocks made.  Preeti's QAL  schedule says we'll be sharing our progress next Sunday.  So my goal is to have some progress to share!  😎
  • A few small finishes are on my list.  I have some completed embroidery designs that need to be finished off.  I think they'll make nice gifts for friends.  I don't know if I'll get to them, but I'm going to try!
Have a great week, everyone!




11 comments:

Linda said...

I really like your start on the positivity quilt. It'll be so pretty in those scrappy reds. Looks like you are getting there on your quilting!

Julie in GA said...

Congrats on your finish, and good luck with the quilting on the strings quilt. I can't wait to see it finished! Your Positivity blocks are very pretty.

Ivani said...

Great start w5th the red plus blocks for the Positivity QA.
Good luck with your goals for this week, Diann.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh congrats on your finish! It looks fantastic! Is it a keeper or do you have other plans for it? Your little scrappy heart is cute (way to use those scraps!) and I'm anxious to see more of your poz blocks. I'm always a fan of reds!

chrisknits said...

What a great finish. It's been interesting to see all the different interpretations of the sew along. Good luck with next week's goals! Thanks for linking up with To-Do!!

piecefulwendy said...

You're making progress on your goals, and moving forward each week. I love your FYOP finish! Those little purple blocks are fun. I really should get going on Positivity if I'm going to join in . . .

grammajudyb said...

Your Follow the Garden Path finished up so pretty! Especially the photo with your red petunias! I’m liking the red positivity blocks so far too! Way to use up those scraps! Havea great week!

Barb N said...

I love the background you've used in your Follow The Garden Path quilt. It gives great flow to the quilt! And you have so many great little projects in the works. Hurry and finish up the string blocks quilt so you can move on to those gifts :)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your positivity blocks, very pretty. Have fun with your week's to-do ;)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I've enjoyed seeing all the different versions of follow your own path! I like the background you used on yours, and the colorful borders!!!

Sandra Walker said...

Ah I love that shot of FYOP on the fence! I've thoroughly enjoyed working with purple scraps this month too! One can never go wrong with plus blocks.