Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, June 28, 2021

To-Do Tuesday #95

Good morning!  I'm checking in with Chris and friends at Chrisknits to share my to-do list for the week. 

I have finally finished the quilting on Rainbow Strings!    


The binding is made and ready to be sewn on, which will be this afternoon's job, and I'll do the final hand-stitching during the evenings this week.  I'm so ready for this quilt to be finished!


That will be my main goal for the week.  

Other things on last week's list included continuing to work on the plus blocks for the Positivity QAL and working on finishing some small embroideries.  I did make progress on both of those,  which you can read about HERE!

Sometime this week, Angela will announce the July color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so at that point I'll get to work on some blocks for my RSC projects. 

*Realizing that it was time to do something about the Feedburner/Email followers issue, I joined follow.it and have added a new "follow by email" widget at the top of the right-hand column.  I haven't figured out how to move those of you who already follow by email over to the new system yet, so you might want to re-sign up!  Also, you can follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly.*


14 comments:

Susie H said...

Great plans for the week. Thanks for the follow.it tip. I think I'll look into that myself. I know my sister misses her email notifications.

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress last week. It always feels so good to get close to a finish. I looked at Follow It this weekend, but stalled at actually getting it set up. I guess I need to do that soon. Thanks for the reminder. Happy stitching this week.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Rainbow Strings quilt looks fabulous, Diann! I can’t wait to see the final reveal when you get the binding on. Have a wonderful week of sewing!

Linda said...

Love the peek at the rainbow strings quilting as well as the celebrating penguin with your binding! :D

PaintedThread said...

Oh, I love that quilt! How exciting to be on the final step.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the strings.

grammajudyb said...

Congratulations on getting your string quilt quilted! You are a rock star! I’m anxious for a new RSC color too! Any guesses?

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

It's looking great and you're on the home stretch! That little "woo-hoo" penguin in the pic is adorable!! Maybe you've mentioned this before on your blog but I'm assuming that you have a huge love of penguins and thus the blog name? Any more to that story? (call me Nosey!)

piecefulwendy said...

Yay for the last step - binding! Will we get to see a full photo soon? It looks so pretty!

MissPat said...

Another finish on the horizon. You're knocking them out of the park. I started a list today of which blogs have moved to Follow.it, which to Bloglovin' (which I confess, I don't understand how it works), and which haven't done anything (so I know who I'm missing and need to look up. What a bother.
Pat

Ivani said...

Beautiful string, and almost done, Diann.
Good luck with your goals for this week.
I am also wanting to know with will be the color for July.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your project turned out great. Thanks for the info about follow.it, I'll go find it.

chrisknits said...

Yay! You are close to a finish on your wonderful quilt! Thanks for playing along with To-Do!! Good luck on your goals for next week!

Linda said...

Hi Diann, are you using a service for your Follow By Email? If so, would you share it? I have looked at various "free" services but am afraid some of them invite spam for the subscribers - ugh.