Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 25, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #39

Happy Tuesday!  Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!  We are still being very careful and staying home as much as possible, so it was a quiet one for us.  That gave me lots of time to sew, and one thing I thought would still be on my To-Do list this week actually was completed, and that is...

my Centred quilt top!


I also made good progress on my hand stitched projects, both blue and white and red and white.   I'll continue to work on both of those in the evenings this week.  

This week, I have one big thing and one small thing on my list:

1.  Finish up the May Color Challenge block in green.  All the parts are ready to go, just need to sew them together!


2.  Get my Rainbow Scrap Challenge Scrappy Sprouts quilt top basted for quilting.

The top has been finished for awhile, I have backing material, 
and batting arrived in April, so there's no more putting it off! 😘   

Linking up with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday!







14 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great quilts. Love the sprouts!

Linda said...

I love the way Centred turned out, what a unique pattern. Sprouts is wonderful! Glad you had a quiet holiday. Ours was a bit noisy with the two littlest grands here - ha! They will be here till Thursday, so Papaw and Grandma will be exhausted. ;)

Libby in TN said...

Love how Centered came out!! I couldn't picture where you were going with those blocks.

chrisknits said...

Isn't it great to have projects move along with completion in the close distance! And I love your green block, but then green is a fav of mine.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all of them, glad to see the sprouts back out. we too are staying home and being careful, too many states have an increase in cases daily right now and my state is one of them, people keep saying "I'm not afraid of getting it" and running around crazy

Vicki in MN said...

Centred came out gorgeous. Yes you need to finish up Sprouts so you can have it displayed this summer;)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Ooh, your Centred quilt top looks gorgeous. LOVE the greens in your May challenge block. That background fabric is just perfect for this. Sprouts is really coming along nicely - you'll be enjoying right around the time that real sunflowers are taking off. Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your Centred quilt top is great! Good luck with your list!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing up your Centered quilt top and best of luck on working thru your project list this week, Diann!!

Julierose said...

Really nice quilt projects--love that Centered one--I like the way you set the shades a lot...
~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose

piecefulwendy said...

I'd say you made the most of your week with some great finishes! Your color challenge block is a pretty one too! Basting quilts is a bit of a chore, especially the larger ones, but you'll get it done!

Preeti said...

Looking forward to the Scrappy Sprouts Quilt. it will be a darling. Wonder who is lucky enough to get it :-)
As usual your studio is a flurry of creativity and color.

Mary said...

That Centred quilt top is wonderful and I absolutely love your Scrappy Sprouts project. Take care, Mary.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I have enjoyed seeing your Sprouts top come together. It’s a happy quilt.