Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 18, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #38

Happy Tuesday, all!  Hope your week is off to a good start!  I'm joining in with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday.  I don't always get everything on my list finished, but it's a great way to keep track of what I'm working on!

Last week, I was really determined to get my blue and white quilt top pin-basted so that I could start quilting it, and I did it!  Whoop!


I also had on the list to - 
  • Finish up block 8 for the Hand-pieced QAL, and I did!  In fact I've finished all 9 of them.  

  • Make the A2 and A3 blocks for mmmquilts Centred QAL.  ✔  Yes, and now there are just the B2 and B3 blocks to make.
The first few steps for those four blocks are there on the left.
Getting close!  I'm not liking the extremely dark blue outside pieces that I used for the bottom left and top right blocks.  I think I'm going to replace those also.


So, what's going on my list this week?

1.  Work on quilting the blue and white project.  That's one of m evening stitching projects while watching TV with my hubby.


2.  Alternate that with adding sashing and cornerstones to the red and white blocks.


3.  Finish up the last Centred blocks.  There will be a link-up to share our finished quilts starting June 15, so I need to be on that!

4.  Work on some miscellaneous WiPs for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in green.  This will be whatever I get around to!

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day!










13 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great goals for the week, your Centred quilt is going to be a beauty (and I still love your red blocks!)

Michele McLaughlin said...

Wow you u are getting so much accomplished! I'm loving the red and white but the blue quilt--WOW--that's really popping at this point! And you are quilting it already! Love your half log cabin quilt, were those scrap fabrics you had because the fabrics are amazing together!!!
Have a great week!

Susie H said...

You managed to get lots done this past week with lots of finishing for this week. So satisfying to see the lights at the end of a couple tunnels, huh? YIPPEE!

Vicki in MN said...

You've had a pretty good week! Such a nice variety of projects you won't get bored;)

Libby in TN said...

Your hand-pieced project is going to be so sweet!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that you are hand quilting the blue quilt it looks great and love those red blocks

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of options with these lovely project on hand, Diann!!

chrisknits said...

Love all your projects!! Can't wait to see the finishes.

piecefulwendy said...

Yay for getting those projects done! With the hand-pieced blocks, do you hand piece the top also, or do you switch to your machine? I'm learning from you, so I'm curious!

Mary said...

Hi Diann. What a super productive week for you. That blue and white quilt will look so pretty hand quilted, and I love your hand-pieced blocks. Both of those projects seem extremely labor intensive but well worth it. Take care, Mary.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Oh, your blue and white and red and white projects are looking SO good. I just adore all of the red blocks and by adding the sashing and cornerstones will really highlight the piecing so nicely. Good job with your list and good luck with this week's list. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

Rebecca Grace said...

Blue/white and red/white are my favorite quilt colorways, and your hand pieced blocks are sublime!!

Kate said...

You've got some beautiful projects in the works. Those red and white blocks are so pretty. Good luck with your to do list this week.