Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, May 14, 2020

All 9 blocks are done!

Book Club Hand-Pieced QAL - Updated, see below!

This week I finished up the last two blocks I needed for this quilt-along: Emma and Elizabeth.  Both involved curved piecing, but I found that actually went pretty smoothly when stitched by hand.

Claire, Emma, and Elizabeth - lots of curves!



Now I can lay out all nine of the blocks and think about how I want to finish this project!  


I'll definitely start with sashing and cornerstones to connect the blocks - more of the Kona Snow for the sashing and the red prints for cornerstones. 

Update:  Since I first wrote this post, I sewed together the first row of blocks and here's how it's looking!  So far, so good!  



Sharing at Elm Street Quilts for the Week 7 Link-up and at
Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.


19 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I LOVE it!!! Love the wee touch of blue throughout some of the blocks too! This is a happy piece!

Linda said...

Beautiful job Diann! I'm applauding those curves. Like Michele above, I love those touches of blue.

Vicki in MN said...

Looking great and another finish is soon on your horizon;)

Libby in TN said...

How appropriate, Elizabeth has curves! Your blocks are beautiful, well executed. Can't wait to see the finished product.

piecefulwendy said...

I just love everything about these blocks! You picked perfect colors for them! Can't wait to see what you come up with for a finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lots of curves - people either love them or hate them :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your blocks finished, Diann! Looking forward to seeing how you bring it for a stack of blocks to a completed top.

MissPat said...

What a variety of quilt blocks. A little something for everyone. Can't wait to see it together with the sashing and cornerstones. I assume you plan to hand quilt this one?
Pat

Louise said...

Red and white, so classic! And such a great group of blocks, too. This is going to be such a fun little quilt :)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your blocks are very pretty, I love white and red! Perfect curves!

Kim said...

The blocks are lovely and look fabulous with the sashing and little cornerstone squares. There is so much pretty detail and interest in each of these sweet blocks.

Angela said...

So pretty!

Deb A said...

Your blocks look great! Hmmmm.. maybe I want to change and use a different purple for 2 of my Emma blocks. I am so nervous to try the curves... but that is today's challenge! Love how your blocks came out.

Jill said...

Amazing how curved-pieced blocks are easier and more relaxing to stitch by hand than on a machine. Good job!

Angela said...

Your curves are impressive. Great collection of blocks.

Barb N said...

Very pretty! I like your color choices. Fun, fun!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful blocks, I love the red and white!

Preeti said...

Just Beautiful. Love the red blocks.

CathieJ said...

Oh I love those blocks. I am looking forward to seeing this quilt!