Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 4, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #36

Good morning, friends!  Hope your week is getting off to a good start.  I started mine with a birthday parade for a friend who is fighting breast cancer, and it felt good to do something like that!  We all wore our masks and stayed in our cars, but there was honking and singing and signs - it was so good to see everyone, even at a distance.

Last week, I had these things on my to-do list:

Finish the April Color Challenge Block.  ✔  Done!  In fact, that post details everything I accomplished last week, including...

My blocks for the Centred QAL.  ✔



And my Jo block for the hand-pieced QAL.  ✔ 


I got caught up on lots of things and that felt good!  I've got plenty on my list for this week - wonder what I'll get done?! 

1.  The #1 thing is to write my post for a blog hop I am in that starts tomorrow.  (My day is Thursday.)


Meanwhile, you can get started on the blog hop on Wednesday with these links below!

Wednesday, May 6 


Thursday, May 7


Friday, May 8

2.  I almost have this quilt top completely sewn together, and I'm excited to finish it up.  I'd like to get it layered and pin basted for quilting!

All that's left is to sew the last half of the final seam!

3.  Stitch up this week's Book Club Hand-pieced QAL block, Claire.

Curved piecing - oh boy!

4.  It's time to make Block B for the Centred QAL, so I hope to get going on that before the end of the week.

Lots to do!  And sharing it all at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday!









10 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love your baby quilt, are you going to hand quilt it? it's so adorable!!! I love the block and the colors your chose for the Book Club QAL block! The fabrics make me happy! Have a wonderful week!

For the love of geese said...

Love your blue and white quilt, its going to be lovely. Congrats on finishing your to-do's.

Vicki in MN said...

It seems we never run out of things to make or do. And it's fun to see what everyone accomplishes each week. Good luck on your week ahead:)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your quilt - I had missed seeing any sign ups for this blog hop and will try to remember to check in on it.

Susie H said...

Looking forward to stopping by at several of the stops on the blog hop. Your Log Cabins are really pretty. Lots of pretty fabrics in there!

piecefulwendy said...

What a fun week you've had. Did I remember to talk about the blog hop in my post today - no! Good grief. I've had several opportunities to plug the hop, and forgotten every time. I give it up to quarantine brain. Love those orange peels, and all the rest of your fun projects!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of great projects in the works, Diann! I was surprised to see that Claire block was pieced. I thought those were always done with applique. SEW interesting!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! You had a fabulously productive week. I just love the whole look of that blue and white quilt. That will be fun to quilt and a fun finish as well. Don't you just love how the fabrics you chose for Centred are going together? It's always amazing to see the block come to life and then the quilt top as you make the different blocks. You just never know about a mystery quilt, although it sure helps to know what the end result will be. Good luck this week and thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

Linda said...

I just love your Centred fabrics! Clare looks pretty - I wonder if the curves will be harder or easier by hand. LOVE the blue quilt!

Mary said...

Those Centred blocks are just lovely. And such a great baby quilt. Take care, Mary.