Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, May 31, 2019

The last of the orange

Happy 1st of June!

To finish up May's orange sewing this week, I've focused on the orange blocks for my Beothuk Star QAL.

This photo makes the pretty floral look very pink, but when I'm looking at it as I'm sewing it really reads as a corally - orange with bits of yellow, pink, and red in it.


The orange star is sewn together now, as is one of the purple ones.  I'm getting there!


I also made this week's Tiny Tuesday butterfly block out of these fun scraps!

I thought the sewing themed dark gray would make a fun butterfly body!

Looking at my butterfly now, if I were to do it over again, I would adjust where I placed the body, but I know in the whole quilt, that isn't something I'll worry about!

To end the month, I put up all my blocks on the design wall.  Somehow I've ended up with 25 blocks.  (Plus two reject blocks that I didn't even include here!)


You can see my design wall is pretty full right now!


Now I'm ready to play with blue in June!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday!









11 comments:

grammajudyb said...

I still need to do the butterfly block. Busy week here lately! Your design wall is looking good!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Beothuk QAL is really coming along nicely! Hmm... I wonder...
How did you end up with extra TT blocks? LOL! I guess they were SEW much fun to make that you just kept going. :o))

Birthe Marie said...

Wow! Your blocks look great on the design wall. I have to sew your blocks look great on the design wall. I have to sew frames / background on all my blocks. :-)

Linda said...

I am loving orange more and more. Your Beothuk star quilt is going to be so pretty!
Another thing I love is the gray (Grunge?) background on your TT quilt. I've probably mentioned it before, but I think about it a lot and am determined to make a quilt with that background!

Barb Neiwert said...

Oh, your Beothuk Star Quilt is looking great! I do like that design. Keep up the good work.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really like that Beothuk Star block- such a strange name though lol - I haven't any idea how that is pronounced!

Mari said...

Love your Beothuk star! I have only gotten as far as cutting fabric. Sigh. You already have enough tiny blocks for a small quilt! Looks great!

Deb A said...

Great progress on both fronts! Love the sewing fabric in the butterfly.... he just wants to fly away and sew!

piecefulwendy said...

I'm more than a smidgen envious of that lovely design wall; so nice and big! Your Beothuk is coming along well, can't wait to see the full top! Love that little spool fabric for your tiny butterfly.

Sally Trude said...

I think you got the body placement just right...with the head extending out past the wings. I got mine mixed up and had to turn my butterfly upside down!

maggie fellow said...

your design wal is very inspiring