While still sewing and trimming the HSTs that are needed for this quilt, at which I am painfully slow -
on Wednesday, I read Sandra's post about constructing the first blocks. Find it HERE. That's when the Aha happened! I pulled out my color-coded diagram of the version I'm making, and started outlining the basic block.
And then, here it is in my pieces and parts!
Before too long, I had one of the purple stars laid out on my design wall.
Since I am making the version where two stars are the same color (in my quilt, they'll be purple), I ended up laying out both of them side by side.
These will be the bottom left and top right quadrants of the quilt, and are (I think!) mirror images of each other.
I really like this gray fabric that has tiny squares of all of the other colors sprinkled throughout! It is part of each of the four main stars, but also creates a center star as well.
Now I'm ready to sew some stars together!
And that's what I'll be working on this afternoon!
Sharing at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap, and at
mmmquilts for the Beothuk QAL link up where everyone is sharing their progress!