Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, May 10, 2019

Some Orange for May

I've been out of town this week, but before we left I had a little time to pull out my orange scraps -


and get my four string blocks made for May.


After making the four rectangular blocks, I even had time to rip out the paper foundation and sew them together.


So far I have five 12.5 x 18.5 blocks - 


If I make 12 of these big blocks, and set them 4 x 3 (because they are taller than they are wide), I'll have an approximately 48 x 54 center, and then I have to figure what to do for borders.  Maybe a bunch of smaller (6.5 inch square) neutral blocks?  Hmmm... definitely something to think about!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday!



13 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

They look so pretty all together on your design wall.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those strings. I was lazy this week and didn't work on my RSC at all! I really need to get busy this week so I can link next week

Louise said...

String blocks are SO satisfying! A border of neutral strings would be great for these dynamic diamonds :)

Cathy said...

Oooh, I know I say it every month, but I do love those blocks! They look so nice together!

Sheila said...

Awesome, beautiful blocks. I love, love, love string block quilts. I want to steal your rectangle string blocks idea for next year's RSC.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You know I love string blocks! These look amazing together.

Linda said...

I like your orange! And your idea for surrounding the string blocks.

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, that’s lovely!

Marly said...

Your blocks look so pretty together; it's going to be a wonderful finish!

Linda said...

Your rectangular String blocks are great and look lovely together on your design wall.they will make a super quilt.

Cathy said...

Delightful! I love string/strip quilts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on finding time to play with your ORANGE strings. Your blocks are looking SEW good!

Preeti said...

This is going to be a short comment because I am speechless. Love the string blocks so much.