Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, October 25, 2024

Tablescraps for October

Can you guess what these are?


This month's Table Scraps project was made because of a request from my DH, who saw a need for something for our new car.  I used both light and dark scraps of some gray batiks I have, a little bit of batting, and some Velcro.


What are they?  They are covers for the center console arm rests in the car.  Since the interior is black, and we rest our bare arms there all the time, Mike wanted to protect the upholstery from possible discoloration.  So voila!

I was really pleased that my quilty math worked out correctly and these little pads fit just right!  I had to make two because this opens in the center for a storage compartment.  

Joy's extra challenge for month was to include cats in the project, and that was a struggle for me.  Until I noticed the design in the dark gray fabric.  Can you see the cat?  There might even be two of them, lol!

I'm calling it good!  

Thanks for these monthly challenges, Joy!  They're always fun!  Linking up with:

October Table Scraps Challenge at the Joyful Quilter 
and at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.








3 comments:

PaintedThread said...

I love doing little practical projects like that. It looks great!

Jeanna said...

What a clever idea! We used to throw a towel over ours because we always had suncscreen on when we lived in Florida. We also sat on towels LOL. I love this idea and you did a great job creating them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL!! Cat constellations?! What a useful TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry, Diann. Kudos on your quilty math working out well!