Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Midweek Makers

My sewing brain seems to be pulled in multiple directions this week - all good, but lots to do!  Carole, at From My Carolina Home, is hosting an event called Fall Fortnight over on her blog, and of course there is a little quilt project I can't resist.  You can see the project at the link above.  

Carole's version is Thanksgiving themed with appliqued wool pumpkins, but I ended up being inspired by some yardage of a sunflower print that I purchased back in August at a quilt shop over in Grand Junction, Colorado.  The background will be the cream with gold stars that came in Nann's box of goodies a while back.  Thank you, Nann! 

Some border fabrics are needed - something that coordinates with the sunflowers.  
I'm still thinking about that!

I starred by making some of the flying geese that are needed.  The center will be this sunflower design by Melisa of PinkernPunkin Quilting that I'll hand embroider.

I still need to get that traced for embroidering, and when I do, I'm going to leave the August part off.  Those happy sunflowers in the wheelbarrow with their bird friends should be perfect in the center surrounded by the flying geese!

But there are some other current works-in-progress that also need some attention this week.  I would like to finish up the last two blocks that are needed for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge patchwork hearts project.  The final heart is on its way - these rows work well as leaders and enders when sewing on other things.


It's also time to finish up the quilting on section 2 of the Pieces of My Life QAL, and get the section 3 blocks sewn together and ready to quilt as well.  


But, first on today's agenda is to say Happy Birthday to my dear husband!  He wanted to play a round of golf and grill some steaks for dinner.  So that's what we'll do!


Linking up with Quiltfabrication for Midweek Makers.



















No comments: