Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

I Like Thursday #408

I like October!  I like the Colorado landscape this time of year.

Saturday we went up to a mountain park west of us and took a picnic lunch.
Such a beautiful day!

I enjoy seeing flowers still blooming at our sculpture park.


I love pumpkins and especially baked things made out of pumpkin, and especially when I actually grew the pumpkin!  Yesterday, I roasted one of the little pie pumpkins that I grew in my garden this summer - 


And made some pumpkin bread out of it!  Yum!

I use a recipe that I got from Carole at From My Carolina Home.
It has orange zest in it - I love the fresh flavor it gives to the bread.
Carole, thinking of you and your husband and neighbors 
as you deal with the destruction of Hurricane Helene.  🩷

LeeAnna's question of the week is about corn mazes- do we like them, have we done one?  And I have to admit that I have not ever been in a corn maze.  I've always been a little afraid that I would never find my way out, lol!  We did love hiking around in the redwood forests in California on our trip last month, and they feel a bit like mazes!

We did eventually find our way out, although there were a few moments when we weren't quite sure where we were!

Joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.











 

No comments: