Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, October 11, 2024

Moving Along

The last time I shared the hand-pieced Hollow 9 patch project, I had sewn the blocks into four sections.  That was at the end of August!  This week I pulled those sections back out and stitched them together into a small flimsy - 24 inches square.


I found a backing piece in the box of goodies Nann sent me.  It's a pretty floral with tiny bouquets of pink and purple flowers.  It required a couple seams to bring it to the right size/shape for the backing, but that didn't take too long.


I've been in the mood for a hand-quilting project for awhile, so it was really enjoyable to get started on it on Thursday night.  It's such a treat to stitch along and look at each scrappy square!  I'm using white 12 wt. Perle cotton for the thread.

Stars, hearts, seagulls, clouds, even cats!

Sharing at all my favorite weekend parties:
Quilting is More Fun than Housework and
Kathy's Quilts - because this will be my Slow Sunday stitching!









 

No comments: