Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Sunday Slow Stitching

Now that it's February, and time to put out some Valentine's decorations, I decided to finish up some small projects that have been hanging around for awhile - since sometime in 2023.  I don't think I even ever shared these on the blog when I was working on them, just stitched them up and never took any in-progress photos!

The first one is this little heart embroidery.  I can't even remember where I got the design from - does anyone recognize it?    Lots of French Knots in those flower centers!  I finished this in a 4 inch wooden hoop.


Also, probably around February last year, I stitched up the Red Heart Mini Sampler, designed by Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting.  I just finished it into a small pillow this week.


I thought these hearts were perfect for the backside.  They're going in all my projects this month!


And here they are on the tiny chest of drawers in our entryway.  I kept a few of the winter things, since it is still winter!  


For today's slow stitching, I'll be working on the February design in Kathy Schmitz's Woven Wreaths project.  I had a chance to watch the video and get started on it on Friday.  The main circle and inner heart designs are stitched, as well as one leaf and one heart.


Happy Stitching today!
Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.
















16 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That heart embroidery is so cute. I like the hearts you chose for your cross stitch backing.

Kate said...

That is a lot of French knots for those flowers! Definitely worth the effort, it's really cute. Enjoy your slow stitching today, you've got another pretty project to work with.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great projects, Diann.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great display of Valentine’s projects! Lots of French knots close together make perfect flower centres. Have fun stitching slowly today.

Linda said...

What a pretty cross stitched sampler and embroidered heart, and they look perfect in your entryway. That backing is a real find!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your table is prettily decorated - looks good as does all your stitching

Auntie Em said...

What a sweet little heart embroidery! Looks so nice in the center of your display. I still keep my winter things (mostly snowmen) around as long as there is still snow on the ground.

Angela said...

That heart embroidery is so pretty! It looks perfect on your display!

Deb A said...

I love your tablescape! It is very cheerful and perfect for February. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Sarah said...

Your February display looks lovely as does the next part of the SAL. I must admit I do like the blue thread.

PaintedThread said...

I love that colorful heart. Very pretty!

Kim said...

Your heart embroidery is so joyous with the pretty flowers in those colourful threads. One could not help but smile when they enter your front door and see all those handmade pretties. The little monkey is sweet.

Deb said...

The colorful heart design looks quite familiar. Cute little heart pieces. I'm working my woven wreath block today too.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Nice embroideries and cute display, Diann!!! Your blue heart is such a cute design, too!!!

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Vicki in MN said...

I love checking out your little table with it's ever changing fun projects. Your stitching on that little leaf in the Woven hearts design-what stitch do you use for that?