Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Catching up on Round 4

I'm popping in with a quick post because I finally had some time to sew this afternoon.  Brenda at Songbird Designs called for square-in-a-square blocks for this week's border.  I'm working on a small piece, so I made four 2.5 inch blocks.


I always like how these look as cornerstones, so that's how I'm going to use them.  I was thinking that last week's half square triangles could become flying geese, and they could go on either side of this week's blocks.  Maybe something like this?

Maybe Round 5 will fit in those spaces???

Sharing at Songbird Designs for the SAHRR 2024 Border 4 link-up.







 


17 comments:

Kate said...

That setting really works. It's been fun to see how everyone interrupts the prompts.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Oooh! I like this! Hope your mom continues to feel better each day

Deb A said...

Looking good.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Sending prayers and hugs out to your mom. Hopefully she will be all well soon! I love the set up you chose. Fantastic! Take care Diann!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your colors are going so great together - full of sunshine

Linda said...

I love this setting! You've done the perfect ratio of red to yellow. :)

Bernie Kringel said...

Perfect! If you wanted, you could even fit the next two rounds in - using the four sides. This is adorable!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That next border is perfection!

JanineMarie said...

Ooh I like how these blocks go around the corners.

grammajudyb said...

Yes! I like it ! Wonder what will be next!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like how you are combining the elements from the different weeks into one border!

piecefulwendy said...

I like the way you are using the HSTs and S-I-S blocks! This is such a fun quilt to see each week. What fun!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fabulous! I am hoping to work on mine today! So fun!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love that corner design. I hope round 5 will fit in for you :)

Sandra Walker said...

Ooh, carrying the yellow as a pop in the four corners is brilliant (ha, see what I did there, not at first intended!)

Chrisknits said...

I love your layout so far. Good luck on Round 5 making it all fit!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I think your layout looks great! Love those little yellow and white squares look in the corners with the HSTs turned into flying geese units! Great job. Thanks for joining us, Diann!