Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Midweek Progress

 As I have for the last month or so, I spent the first two days of the week working on the next border for my Stay at Home Round Robin project.  This week's border prompt is from Gail at Quilting Gail and she called for anything that has an element of 4 in it.  I opted to go simple and traditional and made four patch blocks.

In fact, I made three groups of four 4 patches!  


In the quilt, they became four groups of three!

The center of the quilt up to the narrow red border measures 18.5 inches,
so there is room to add two more 2.5 inch blocks on each side.   I'll wait to see what Border #6 calls for to decide what I'm going to add.

[I've been bothered by the look of that center section - it has looked wider at the top and the bottom - like it was stretched out of shape.  Measuring showed that the top and bottom borders were 1/4 inch longer than the center - I think I sewed them on wrong!  No wonder those borders were wavy...  So out came Jack the Ripper, and I took off those two borders, trimmed them by 1/4 inch and sewed them back on corectly.  Now that center is a true 18.5 inches square!]

Sharing at QuiltingGail for the SAHRR 2024 week 5 link-up and at
Quiltfabrication for Midweek Makers.













12 comments:

Linda said...

Your SAHRR is looking so pretty - love the yellow four patches! Sometimes Jack is the only solution for peace of mind, right?

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

This is turning out to be such an interesting project.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes something just bothers us enough that we feel the need to fix it - you will probably be happy to have it lay flat

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I chuckled over your 1/4 inch discovery! Isn't it interesting how we "feel" something is off but we can't quite put our fingers on it. . .until it comes to us? I like the pattern the corners create with this border. It is a sunny and happy project!

piecefulwendy said...

Oh, I love it when you have little units all ready to be used, and they fit just right! They look so good in your quilt! My quilt is off a bit, too, but no ripping here. Just going to make it work! Haha.

Scrapatches said...

I always love to watch these SAHRR's grow, I have resisted joining in the fun as I have one that is unfinished and so many other projects in the works. I shall enjoy watching your pretty quilt in the making again this year ... :) Pat

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh, Diann your quilt is looking amazing! It looks so summery. You are doing a spectacular job. I think I will pair my block with yellows and reds as well. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

Quilting Gail said...

Your SAHRR looks great!! I love your 4 patches!
Thanks for Linking to SAHRR #5!

JanineMarie said...

I like how your new borders alternate colors with the yellow and white rectangles. Yay for taking the time to redo the part that bothered you.

Cathy said...

Your little quilt is so cheerful and lovely! (And symmetrical now too!) you’re rocking it!

Kate said...

So glad you found the issue and fixed it. Love your 4-patches and how your borders are working out. It's going to be a very cute finish.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These four patches are great. This is so summery and cheerful :)