Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I Like Thursday #87 - A Quieter Week

It's definitely been a quieter week at our house this past week - no car races to go to, lol, and no company to visit with, but...

I did get to meet up with LeeAnna at the Berthoud Outdoor Quilt Show on Saturday!  Silly me, I didn't think to bring my camera, but maybe LeeAnna will share a picture on her post.  I really enjoyed seeing her again, and visiting with her hubby, Drew, and the very handsome Milo.  Plus, I met a new quilty friend - Sharon from Greeley - who I don't think has a blog, but who is an extremely talented quilter.  We got to look at many quilts together, but I especially loved seeing two of Sharon's quilts that were hanging in the show and have won awards.  Just amazing quilts!

It's been a week to enjoy reading, and I have two books to share that I liked.

I really like reading historical fiction, and this one was a good choice for me - it takes place during WWI, and into the 1920s, and is about a family in Philadelphia who has to deal with the Spanish Flu outbreak of that time.

I also read this one - the first novel by this author - and it is a page turner!


It's one of those books that I think would be called a psychological thriller - and that's not my usual favorite genre.  But this one was a good one, and I really couldn't put it down!

I really like how Amazon keeps track of your previous orders and you can look back at them.  If you want to buy something again, just "click!"

My new shoes are coming today - no shopping necessary! :)

I've had fun this week with my small quest to Use up all the Scraps of my fat quarter bundle of Charleston.  The last few bits and pieces turned into this little mug rug.


I felt lucky this week to receive a fat quarter bundle of a fabric line called Printology, from Benartex Fabrics because I won a drawing from Allison's blog, Little Bunny Quilts.

Aren't these fun?

Thank you, Allison, and thank you, Benartex!

I think I've shared this website before - A First Sip.  I subscribe to daily emails from it, with a poem to begin the day.  This one from a week ago or so was a favorite.

Click the link to see the actual post, which will be easier to read than my screen shot!

Hope you're having a great week, whether quiet or busy!  I'm joining in with all the "I Like Thursday" bloggers at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color.






11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks for your comments! I read and appreciate every one!

Libby in TN said...

Lots to like this week!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Both of those books look interesting- I need to get more e-books whenthings around here slow down a little. I'm likin that bundle you got-beautiful array of colors. mary

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Stopping by for a visit after visiting LeeAnna's blog, looks like it was a great outdoor quilt show and how fun to meet other quilters.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the book suggestions!

Cathy said...

I’ve got a hold placed on The Woman in the Window (and several other books) that I’m hoping will become available soon. I’d like to load them onto my iPad so I can take them to read while on my trip - especially those long flights. Darling mug rug, Diann!

PaintedThread said...

Pretty fabrics! What a nice win. I like that mug rug and will have to check out those books. :-)

Kate said...

Slow weeks with reading and stitching are so nice. Have fun with your new fabrics. Looking forward to seeing what's next in your sewing room.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love slow weeks! Your fabrics are wonderful and I love that you are using up so many scraps! My hero!!!

LA Paylor said...

great list as usual. I'm headed over to see the sip!

Unknown said...

Diann, it was such a pleasure to meet you and LeeAnna. That is such a fun little show to attend. I did end up getting Viewers Choice, which is an honor. I was needing book ideas too!
Sharon