Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

I Like Thursday #85 - Baseball!

We are big baseball fans at our house, and our favorite team is the Colorado Rockies - even when they aren't playing very well.  Lol!

So, when one of Mike's cousins called and said they were coming to town for the Rockies game last Friday and had two extra tickets and would we like to go - of course, we said yes!

I only had my phone with me, so I enjoyed playing around with the camera on it, while carefully watching out for foul balls!


We liked the new giant scoreboard/ screen, built this year for the Rockies 25th anniversary.

We liked the seats we got to sit in - really close to the field - and a close-up view of one of our favorite players during the National Anthem. 

Charlie Blackmon!

Here's the actual view of the play at first base from our seats - 


And then I figured out how to zoom in and crop the photo!

I always like figuring out something new like that!

We loved the sunset view over the stadium!


Even though our team didn't win that night, I really love going down to Coors Field for a ball game!

Happy Thursday!  Hope you're having a great week!  I'm joining in, as always, with all the I Like Thursday bloggers over at LeeAnna's place, Not Afraid of Color.





10 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like a fun time.

Libby in TN said...

I like live baseball, too; can't get very excited about in on TV, however (unless it's Vanderbilt inthe NCAA tournament). I lived in El Dorado Kansas for a short while and our very minor league was the Coors because the local Coors brewery sponsored them (and emplyed the players). DH's grandfather played minor league ball for one of the coal mine teams in WV at the turn of the century.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks for your comments! I enjoy them so much and will try my best to reply!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Wow, great seats for the baseball game. I used to love to sit behind home plate and watch the pitches. I haven't gone to a game since the Brewers left the American league (!!) but attended lots and lots before then. The won the World Series in 1982 and it was a fun ride. ~smile~ Roseanne

Julierose said...

Neat photos--we are huge Red Sox fans here in SE CT--live games are the best...hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

How fun to go to the ball field. Looks like fun.

Linda said...

How fun! We love baseball too. And softball! We watch a lot of women's college softball and really enjoy it.

PaintedThread said...

What fun. Cropping! You'll wonder how you ever lived without it now that you've learned how. ;-)

LA Paylor said...

Hi Diann, you created a moment for us