Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Throwback Thursday - my Albuquerque Quilt!

I've never shared an older quilt in a throwback post, but I've been wanting to.  When I saw that Sandra of mmm! quilts was starting up a Throwback Thursday linky, I decided to join in!

Several years before I started blogging, I wanted to make a sampler quilt and found a kit I really liked for one at the Kokopelli Quilting Company in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  So, on a quick trip down to Albuquerque one summer, I picked up the kit and here is the result!


I love the southwest colors of this quilt, the interesting quilt blocks, and the on point setting.  It was a pretty challenging quilt to piece!  The scraps from this quilt have found their way into many projects since then.

This is the only quilt I've ever had professionally long-arm quilted, and I've never regretted that decision!  The quilter chose the perfect quilting motifs to go with the style and shape of the blocks.  


Not sure if you can see the quilting very well in these photos, but looking at it sure makes me happy!


Thanks for coming along with me to visit this favorite quilt!  Linking up with Sandra for Throwback Thursday.




10 comments:

Sherrill said...

Ooo, it's beautiful! I think it's fun to revisit our older creations (mine usually look better than what I'm making these days!). I have some that I really LOVE!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will have to check out that link - I might have some old quilts to share that I have never blogged about

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very pretty quilt. I like the colors too.

Rida said...

Wonderful intense colours and wonderful quilt.

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

Beautiful quilt, I just love the colors and quilting. BTW, this is the only quilt you ever sent to a longarmer--Wow.

Michele McLaughlin said...

That quilt is beautiful! I'm so impressed that this is your only quilt that was long armed! The colors and piecing are fabulous! Have a wonderful day!

Libby in TN said...

So pretty. The quilting motif is perfect.

Vicki in MN said...

I am usually not a big fan of sampler quilts, but I just can't help but love yours. I think it is the colors that do it for me. Do you keep this quilt on the bed or does it get rotated?

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Love this quilt! The colors are stunning. Enjoy your day!
mary

JanineMarie said...

So pretty. Sometimes it’s hard to get sampler blocks to play nicely with each other, but these are so happy, and I love how the blue/purple blocks tie them all together. And isn’t fun that you had all those leftover bits that found their way into other projects?