Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, January 26, 2018

Project Quilting 9.2 - Triangulation!

I was excited to find out what the next challenge would be for Project Quilting, and kept checking for the post at Persimmon Dreams last Sunday until it was finally up!

Triangles!  Looking around the house for color and design inspiration, I landed on a favorite mug and then pulled some scraps from my solids drawer.


I'd been wanting to do something with improv triangles, perfect for this challenge!


Concentric triangles, made log cabin style, with pieces added to each side (and strategically trimmed!), make my completed Triangular mini.  It measures 9.5 x 12.5.


I enjoy playing with the quilting design when making a small piece, so my challenge for myself was to do some triangular quilting with my walking foot.


This was fun!


This makes a fun little placemat for my favorite mug, and might work for breakfast, too!


Joining in from Loveland, Colorado, and linking up with
Sandra for TGIFF
Persimmon Dreams for Project Quilting
and
Cynthia for Oh Scrap!













15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that turned out really well, love the way you quilted it

Libby in TN said...

You are really stretching yourself this year! Way to go.

Raewyn said...

I love how you met the challenge!

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Love the colors and the quilting works so well. Congrats on another successful challenge piece.

Cathy said...

What a clever and lovely piece. I love your quilting! And it’s made even more awesome because it’s useful!

Vicki in MN said...

That made for a super cute mug rug. And your quilting is AWESOME!

Sandra Walker said...

LOVE this Diann! I thought wait, I commented, but then realized that was on Instagram, LOL. The quilting is just perfection. I badly wanted to join in with PQ this year but said yes to a couple other things, egad. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

Janice Holton said...

Wow this piece is so modern and triangular. Ha! Ha! I love how you came up with the inspiration colors and there is something about it that really grabs me! Nice finish!

Jayne said...

I saw this on IG and thought it was great! And it looks great under your mug!!

Kristin said...

Very cute! I love the color combinations. Way to go.

Ivani said...

Super cute Diann! Walking foot is perfect for small pieces, as it is easy to handle them and create beautiful quilting.

Cathy said...

Great idea! A whole quilt of these would be awesome. And aren't you getting fancy with the quilting! Very nice!

Mel Beach said...

Great design, colors and quilting!! Its fabulous!

PersimonDreams said...

So gorgeous! I love the triangles you quilted in it. So fun to have you joining in the PQ challenges!

Karen S said...

Lovely work with your triangles. Great to see how they look in solids. Love the fun with the quilting, too.