Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, January 28, 2018

A Slow Stitching Finish

Last week, when Kathy of Kathy's Quilts asked people to show the hoops they worked with, it reminded me that I had an embroidery project in a hoop that I hadn't picked up in awhile.


This was started back in April from a little pattern by Jenny of Elefantz, and was offered during the Splendid Sampler project.



I put a few stitches into it every now and then as the year went on and it turned out there wasn't much left to work on!  So while watching TV in the evenings this last week, I finished it. 



 A little border, and some batting, backing, and binding, and now it's hanging in my sewing room!  It measures about 8.5 inches square.


I've never done much embroidery, so it was fun to give it a try, and learn a few stitches!  Now I'll need to find another project to have ready when I'm in need of some slow stitching!

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.




14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I used to do a lot of embroidery and now I rarely do. It is kind of fun to get back to it now and then.

Kate said...

Very pretty! I usually take my embroidery with me on trips. I'd rather be in the sewing room when I'm home. Maybe when I retire that will change a bit.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love that little embroidery and I also downloaded it but haven't even gotten it traced onto fabric yet--so you are way ahead of me--even if it did take you awhile to do!!!
enjoy, di

Anonymous said...

Seeing your lovely embroidery brought back happy memories as I made a Splendid Sampler quilt, loved making all the different blocks, especially the embroidered ones :-)

Deb A said...

Congrats on the finish! What a cute little project you have on your wall to enjoy now.

Ivani said...

Love this pattern and you didi a great stitching in several colors.

CathieJ said...

What a sweet embroidery project. It is so pretty. I like the way that you finished it.

Cathy said...

Such a cute block! You’re getting quite a collection of fun things on your wall!

Vicki in MN said...

Another UFO off your list, way to go and it looks perfect on your sewing wall. I have snowman stitchery blocks in the works, but my tendonitis in my wrist is pretty bad lately so can't work on it.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I love reading Jenny's blog and seeing her beautiful designs. Your mini is so sweet.
mary in Az

Linda said...

How fun to get it finished and hanging! Really cute. :)

FlashinScissors said...

I like your colours! Pretty stitching, and a great finish!
I made a few of the Splendid Sampler blocks ..... one day I’ll make some more. I think the embroidery blocks stopped me finishing, they take so long, but I do love embroidery!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Preeti said...

Sew cute, sew adorable. Love this mini!!!

Karen S said...

Wonderful to discover a forgotten treasure.
Great finish.